TFK Capitalist Thread

I see inflation has collapsed in the EU.

They went too far too soon and forgot that it takes a while for rises to filter through.

Fuck off Christine.

Rates will be cut in January as we lurch into another recession.

1 Like

Economic theory and economists are a cod. There are too many variables to build any model that can work as a predictive tool. They are great lads to tell you why something happened after it happened.

1 Like

Economists are the Keynest for recession

2 Likes

Has it?

1 Like

According to euronewsdotcom.

Where I always get my news from.

But as per another thread. Does it really fucking matter?

George Best, for example, a prince amongst men but he’s brown bread now.

Take it from me, brown bread matters.
I might have some with a boiled egg for lunch.

Inflation rates have fallen but prices are still outrageous.

Inflation falling doesn’t mean prices fall

How are the yield curves looking today @Appendage?

5 Likes

I’ve absolutely no idea. One of our mutual acquaintances (pal of mine acquaintance of yours) uses that phrase and I throw it out now pretty much everyday.

It’s the kind of thing that impresses people.

2 Likes

Another thing that gets mentioned in my place all the time is the “z spreads”. I don’t know what these are either but people ask me if I know whether the z spreads have been updated and I say things like “They were updated as at end of Q2 but I don’t think they’ve been updated for Q3 yet”.

5 Likes

Nope, some folks are celebrating that the inflation rate is falling but it still means you are worse off than 2 years ago, while your wages are worth less

Surely it’s better that inflation is falling than continuing to rise?

As a man who dabbles in balloon sales investment, i beg to differ.

4 Likes

No strings attached?

4 Likes

It’s a company that will float.

2 Likes

He’s a gas man

Jared Leto Sport GIF by UFC

What you’re looking for is called deflation. If we have that we’ll all be back picking spuds.

A certain level of inflation is generally seen as a good thing and we’re getting back to reasonable levels.

2 Likes

As if tinnion ever picked spuds.