TFK Capitalist Thread

It means that prices are still rising but at a lower rate of increase.

Yes. Yes. I don’t dispute that.

We won’t even have spuds. Unless they’re organic I suppose.

Because we won’t be able to afford spray to keep the blight away.

We’d be killing rabbits and eating weeds.

1 Like

The central bank rate increases are curbing people’s ability to spend, leading to more saving for a rainy day, dampening demand for goods & services & thus reducing the rate of inflation to more manageable levels. Is that it @Appendage? What do you regard as the sweet spot for inflation? I think more than 2% but less than 3%, albeit I’m not a slave to that range.

WeWork basically just rented out really expensive office space, and then sub let it even more expensively.

3 Likes

except not enough people wanted to sub let it. WFH innit?

3 Likes

Garden offices is where it’s at now

It’s strange, I read online that shared office spaces lead to an exhilarating mix of collaboration & creativity. I didn’t foresee this going wrong for WeWork (From Home).

1 Like

How does your information security work in those places?

I think it’s 100% paper based. They provide stationery/lever arch files etc as part of the fee & everyone has their own cupboard with individual locks to store stuff overnight.

2 Likes

It’s completely impractical and obviously so from day 1. How the fuck did they reach that kind of valuation?

michael douglas greed GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

A shed out the back

Are house price increases even keeping up with inflation these days. It’s not a good time to be a slum landlord

We"Work"
Better name for it.

Somebody thought of it before me.

1 Like

Rented it out from their founder at exorbitant rents …who sold on the underlying properties with worthless leases

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1724774500397633567

What does that mean?

1 Like

The Muppets Panic GIF