TFK Capitalist Thread

Link ?

I’ve been drinking pale ale all evening and singing along to Wolfe tones YouTube videos… Ask me tomorrow.

4 Likes

Bumped for @ChocolateMice

Alcoa, a bell weather for global equities, issued a horrible earnings report yesterday, missing sales and profit estimates. Stock down 10% this AM.
A lot of companies warning of weak earnings, dollar up on fear of Fed move, a perfect storm brewing*

*It’s threatening to rain here, summer might be over.

Second longest bull market in history. Has to slow eventually

Gone: John Stumpf, CEO of disgraced Wells Fargo. Took the cunt long enough.

I smell an October crash. October is historically the worst month for large selloffs, 1907, 1929, 1933, 1987, 1998, 2002 and 2008. The charts are getting increasingly ugly.

1 Like

If the S&P closes below 2120, this market is fucked. The bond market and small caps have been signalling a crash all month, only the FANG stocks have been keeping the party going. With AMZN collapsing and NFLX and GOOGL starting to roll over, only FB can now save the world.

1 Like

So start buying gold again?

Gold has been historically tied to inflation, but now appears more tied to uncertainty. In the short term it appears to have bottomed, and uncertainty around Clinton winning could drive it higher. If Trump were to win, imo Gold could go back to the 2012 highs, around 1800.

1 Like

We’ve been asked to double server power for the days after the election results. Huge trading volumes expected if he does it.

1 Like

What fucking use will gold be to you when the world ends. You can’t eat it

1 Like

They might not be mutually exclusive. Lots of lads here think Limerick will win an All-Ireland before it happens too.

1 Like

Nervous times. We’re at 2126 at 16.33. What time does it close at? I can’t take this tension.

2 Likes

It closed at 16.00 as always.

Nice one, we live to fight another day?

Correct. Saved by the bell.

Quite the battle going on for S&P2120 this AM. At this point doesn’t look like it will hold.

It’s gone pal. Long long gone.

1 Like

Markets holding relatively steady after recovering from an initial sell off.
Trumps speech seems to have calmed the market.