TFK Catch Up Thread

Quite an unfounded assertion there.

You can’t sack someone for stating their religious beliefs. That’s bigotry.

Have you stood up in work yet and said all homosexuals are going to hell?

Izzy didn’t stand up on a rugby pitch or on the training ground and say it.

Take it to the other thread lads

1 Like

He’s a public figure who represents his country. The terms of employment cover social media comments that bring rubby Oz into the lime light.

Why doesnt he just take up employment in a job where he can say what he wants when he wants? — and the best of luck to him finding such a job.

I dont think anyone is saying Izzy cannot profess his faith and belief in god. But in discriminating against certain groups of people he breached the terms of the contract he himself signed.

According to you no so such company exists in the Western World. You need to make your kind up as you’re now contradicting yourself.

I’m not sure such a clause exists in his contract. have you got a link?

Keep going , you’re almost there…

I think you are now going around in a contradictory loop so we’re as far as we’re going to get.

Health & Safety doesn’t allow him to stand up while driving the forklift.

4 Likes

someone posted up the code of ethics / behaviours etc. etc of rubby Oz yesterday - and it included a section on sexuality…I presume as an employee you are bound to a companies code of ethics? it’s gas that he is claiming religious discrimination on the grounds of his sexuality discrimination. Two mongs make a right I suppose.

The point is very, very simple - I’m sure you’ll get there.

I get that you haven’t grasped it.

You’re not bound to a contract if the contract breaches basic employment laws and human rights.

So your understanding is that no matter what comments are made, they are ok if they are made on religious grounds?

there is a code of ethics, but unless there’s a crystal clear linkage between the code of conduct and the contract which then specifies the terms of breaching the code of conduct then youre on a very slippery slope.

I think that oz rugby are on very shaky grounds here

1 Like

Nope. I’m saying he was sacked on the basis on his religious beliefs. All he asked was for gays, alcos, alduterers etc to repent or they face hell. It was a message of salvation. Why should he be sacked for that?

you sound like a member of the Westboro baptist church

1 Like

Why?

Lads, the other thread is that way :arrow_right:

1 Like