TFK Catch Up Thread

you’re not getting it.

He signed a contract saying that he specifically should not say anything that was discriminatory against any sexual orientation.

He decided to breach that contract.

If he wanted to discriminate against gays he shouldn’t have signed the contract.

It’s really quite simple

Oh it’s changed from ‘for’ his beliefs to ‘expressing’ his beliefs … there’s a big, big difference there mate … if your beliefs are expressed and are offensive and against company policy, you dont get to use the religion card.

It’s like he’s just ignoring us and all logic. I cant get my head around it.

You’re not getting it.

It doesn’t matter what the contract says if it contravenes his human rights. He will win this case and you’ll look like a massive idiot.

again, I haven’t seen this, can you provide a link?

you do know that asexuals will burn in hell too

i found it somewhere yesterday art. You’ll find it if you have a quick look

is it his human right to decide who goes to hell?

I don’t think they do but I am ready to await the judgement of our lord when the day comes.

You think Izzy is God?

no but he does… checkmate.

2 Likes

I understand the topic better than you, and most on here. The source of homophobic views is religion, no intelligent person would argue otherwise. The rugby players views are based 100% on religious teaching. Why is such teaching tolerated in western societies and an individual is punished for expressing the exact same views? If he had quoted word for word from the Catholic catechism which is handed to and thought to every kid who is prepared to Catholic sacraments, that gays are “intrinsically disordered”, would that be acceptable? Why is it acceptable to be given to and thought to kids?

The hypocrisy from those who defend religion but condemn the rugby player is astounding.

My God you’re awful innocent

If I had a kid interested in sport I should warn them that sports players are scum?

Where was the church that you heard the homophobia from the altar?

I haven’t seen anything to suggest so. He is spreading the word of his church.

ISIS were only spreading the word of their church.

Sorry, I forgot that you know so much more than the rest of us about everything.
But as usual, you’re arguing (not very successfully) about something other than what the rest of us are talking about.
But carry on, it’s probably better if you keep arguing with yourself.

1 Like

My God you’re awfully stupid.

I would teach my kids (and have thought them) to be wary of regarding sports figures as moral leaders. They would undoubted be disappointed if they believed that sports figures are to be regarded as role models. Unless you also teach them that pissing on strangers is normal behavior and sure it was only a bit of craic.

Did ISIS tweet the gays and ask them to stop?

I don’t go to church, and haven’t done since I was 13 when I learned the skill of thinking for myself.