TFK Catch Up Thread

People involved with GAA clubs are against lads being allowed transfer willy nilly.
People not involved with GAA clubs think there should be no parish rule and players should be free to play wherever they want.

16 Likes

Lovely, so succinct

Good man. My annual involvment with the Ballysteen GAA Cheltenham tipping competition leaves me with quite the dilemma here

2 Likes

Thank you. Play for your parish. Simple as. If your genuinely living and working far away it can be justified.

Do some GGA clubs still have a ban on foreign dancing? Surely you have a right to move away from that

Forgieners and Forgien sports welcome. Dont leave your club

This is what we are dealing with here

When I was a fresh faced and smooth cheeked youth, of about sixteen summers (with both county and provincial medals already won @anon67715551 ), I read an autobiography of an American man who fought in the Vietnam War. It made an impression on me and until recently I would have thoightlessly described the book as one written by an American soldier. Recent events have made me realise that the author was never really a soldier, but then again he would never (subsequent to the war) ever really not be a soldier either- the passage that stayed with me was one where the protagonist, after achieving or realising the long hoped for return to the bosom of his family, finds himself unable to sleep in his old bedroom, and instead, out of habit, finds himself a defensible though uncomfortable corner outside in the garden.

Anyway, how’s @Tank getting on. I know or care little about supper bowls, but i hope he’s acclimatising well and easing himself back into civilian life?

1 Like

Ireland’s best player and Man Utd at his peak

I think the book you may have read was the Wind in the Willows. If memory serves me right the character you’re concerned about is Mr.Toad who allowed Toad Hall be taken over by Rat and Badger while he arsed around.

Anyway you should take this up with @Thomas_Brady who deals with these matters here.

1 Like

Im almost certain @glenshane is referring to Paco’s Story, one i haven’t read yet.

Interestingly, one of the best books i read on the US proxy war in Vietnam was 'the sorrow of war’ - which is a Vietnamese war story told from the North Vietnamese perspective. It’s told through the guise of North Vietnamese childhood sweethearts who are both sent off to fight for their country. I don’t think many here would enjoy it as it describes the war from the vantage of the ‘wrong’ side . I’d recommend it to anyone with an open mind tho.

2 Likes

160 unread posts on the russia vs ukraine world cup match, whos winning? Did vlad drop the bomb?

272 unread posts in the Elon thread, summary anyone?

E1tpcRmXIAI0ule

11 Likes

Any entertainment in that Munster hurling championship thread? I usually leave those muldoon simpletons to their own devices but thousands of unread posts suggests a row or something. They’re hardly just talking about hurling, are they?

1 Like
  • Split season bad
  • Limerick are big bad bullies and manufactured hurlers
  • Tipperary Hall of Famers
  • Split season bad
  • Limerick get all the refereeing decisions
  • Split season bad
4 Likes

Cork based Limerick posters pushing Cork based Munster Final venue.

Succinct.

I turned my back on that thread for what feels like 12 hours, 224 posts up on it. Nothing better to do.

The lads feared they’d be writing obituaries about a team who owed them nothing. Let them have their day in the continued sunshine.

1 Like