TFK Dance Classics Thread

some thump off that, the camomile is shaking in the cup here

1 Like

@Tassotti giving it loads here…

19K likes, 1,583 comments - lost_vhs.mp4 on May 25, 2023: "Love the 90s & early 2000s? Follow me for more 🤝 #techno #gabber #hakke #trance"

Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hanging On ( Moreno J Remix )

1 Like

Tinlicker X Robert Miles - Children

1 Like
1 Like

N-joi - Anthems ( QMOBRO House Remix )

2 Likes

Xpansions - Move Your Body

1 Like

Orbital - Chime (Eli Brown Remix)

2 Likes

Elevation - Can You Feel It (Extended Mix)

1 Like
2 Likes

I was listening to a good bit of Technotronic the other night and did a little digging on them. They had terrific vocalist named Manuela Komosi aka Ya Kid K and those songs would not have been what they were without her lyrics, vocals and attitude. But the producers behind Technotronic fecked her over for Pump Up The Jam (Belgians are of dubious character) by bringing in a Congolese fashion model named Felly Kilingi who didn’t even speak English to be the public face of the group and to this day she is probably what most people visualise Technotronic as, despite having zero to do with their music. Black Box did similar with the fake vocalist for with Ride On Time but at least they weren’t fecking over the groups actual songwriter and vocalist because that song so obviously used sampled vocals. Ya Kid K features in Technotronic’s other videos and has an interesting backstory, she arrived in Belgium from the Congo at about 11 years of age before her family moved to Chicago and Dallas before going back to Belgium. She was only 17 when Pump Up The Jam came out. Those singles Technotronic had around 1989/90 still sound great but they went in a trancier direction a few years later and it didn’t work nearly as well.

That’s right. I did a deep dive on the background recently as the new series ‘Cunk On Earth’ is interrupted by the song in the middle of every episode. I, way back in the hazy days was brought to a small town in Holland called Spijkenisse for a Gabber night, which was early hardcore or Rotterdam hardcore. It’s near impossible to enjoy without performance enhancing substances, of which were in abundance that night.

Fatboy Slim - Everybody Needs A 303

Róisín Murphy - Can’t Replicate

2 Likes
5 Likes

Ow!

Black Box - Everybody Everybody

1 Like
1 Like

we go again

1 Like