TFK Denis O'Brien appreciation thread

Not half as hard as vice versa. Goes back to the original eircom bid (or whatever it was called)

1 Like

Tell us what you know buddy

Maybe not here.

:open_mouth:

Denis Oā€™Brien reminds me a bit of Man Utd under Ferguson. With the aid of subservient decision makers totally dominant domestically but generally clueless in the big leagues.

Just watching back the Prime Time episode now, itā€™s a cracking story.

The Sunday Times have questions to answer here

Whatā€™s this now? A recent episode?

Tuesday night I think. Utterly bizarre stuff

Documentary about DOB on RTEĢ tonight. Being discussed on Today FM now - you can hear them squirming.

DOB is a billionaire a couple of times over on the basis of a company that has no customer in the country. Heā€™s done it at home and abroad. The cunt

Not sure his overseas operations are doing so well. They saw through the sham that was his attempted IPO.

The telecom business clearly isnā€™t doing great.

According to the Sunday Business Post they are selling even more phone towers (which will cost them leasing them back long term) in the coming months and they have slashed spending across the board.

The bond holders clearly want their money back.

All in an environment where telecoms companies are going downhill because of WhatsApp and the likes.

Heā€™ll still pocket a lot of money but would have wanted to get out a few years ago.

1 Like

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/o-brien-s-digicel-may-sell-assets-of-500m-to-cut-debt-burden-1.3537943%3Fmode=amp

OGP frameworks for large public sector and carrier SIP kiling them. About time.

So Rob Brydon was on a home shopping channel

Is this a once off program or is there another episode?

Itā€™s fairly fawning so far. I presume thereā€™ll be a few digs thrown soon

One episode or more, mate?

Iā€™ve it on the planner +1

Lowry is some crook.