TFK Denis O'Brien appreciation thread

:grin:

Milking the place dry

After we get the money off Apple we should go for some money off O’Brien

1 Like

Bill thinks he’ll be OK when the roll is called up in the sky.

What’s the point of this show? All this info is already known ?

1 Like

Everytime they have a dig at him they have to couch it with some compliment as some sort of forced balance

Agreed they should stop making documentaries about WW2 as well. Rehashing old stuff

1 Like

Oh I enjoyed it but just wondering or thought there would be something new in it.
A rich old boys club…

He’s a divisive figure amongst all, as can be seen with the Red Flag stuff…

I’m happy enough to believe the version of events put forward by Denis O’Brien and Michael Lowry TD there.

6 Likes

Denis got the lucky bounce of the ball. We should be happy for him.

1 Like

I heard some years ago that DOB was advised by his accountants that he should not install a kitchen in his house on Ailesbury? road. This was, apparently, to ensure he retained his non-dom tax status and could retain a home in Ireland.

Talking to my wife about this guy tonight, we both had experience of the “don’t you know who I am “ treatment from him in two different professional settings looking for special treatment for associates of his…

1 Like

Sure, look, you know, I mean for anyone to begrudge him a few quid… like…

I don’t know.

I dealt with a lot of the lads employed by him in that advisory firm who monitor all his investments. I don’t know how they stuck being at his beck and call. Is it that exciting and rewarding being on the frontline and acting as a patsy for him? They’d really apply the pressure on you though - awfully demanding people. Then again, I was a patsy for the bank. Very very very good report writer, nice way about me with customers, could get anything through credit committee even dubious proposals etc etc. I’m ashamed of what I did to this country as an auditor, accountant and banker, but where’s @gilgamboa ‘s remorse?

5 Likes

It may be the drink talking but… that’s as needy a post as you’ll see here from any fella.

10 Likes

tenor%20(3)

2 Likes

Chances are he was wearing a dress while he typed it too.

You can’t throw in a humblebrag on here anymore without someone pointing out it is, in fact, a humblebrag.

I know John Delaney.

We all know John Delaney ffs

In case my inference wasn’t clear. The point being that a certain high net worth individual would ring the CEO and say what he wanted and that would be agreed. So my very very very good report writing wouldn’t actually be needed. Work backwards from there, tick a few boxes, create a paper trail to show some level of due diligence, token credit queries even though you and they know what the answer is already and there you go.

3 Likes