TFK Denis O'Brien appreciation thread

Just looking at the programme from the other night here and there is a clip of Dobbo tearing into O’Brien on the news. Can you imagine if it was Catriona Perry that was there? Blushing and giggling like a schoolgirl after O’Brien complemented her latest sleeveless pink number.

That’s the way its gone now I suppose.

1 Like

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/digicel-bonds-fall-as-cfo-quits-and-earnings-drop-1.3611358%3Fmode=amp

Tick tock

Not the only one and not the only one of his companies.

1 Like

Digicel is fucked mate. They have gone through a huge period of downsizing in the Caribbean and made a raft of redundancies. The revenue is not there for them and a couple of major capital projects have fallen apart. Dinny fires area CEO’s personally, usually after a 2 year term with impossible targets.

Hard to believe investors don’t want to swap bonds in a company struggling to repay for longer dated bonds in the same company at the same interest rate

1 Like

Bad day at the office.

1 Like

The taxing master will have a fair aul job now .

Another bad day at the office. Appeal dismissed by the Supreme Court.

4 Likes

Judiciary need DOB to fill the trough. He’ll get the next decision.

2 Likes

He is going to be made pay for the mobile phone licence one way or another.

The bould Denis has relinquished control of INM at last. Some Belgian/Dutch media company look to have bought it, for what I would consider a song, considering the amount of cash flow it spits off every year (even though that figure continues to decline).
Fantastic news for Irish media in general though to be out from under his influence.
O’Brien himself has taken some bath on the investment

3 Likes

good.

the cunt.

2 Likes

Delighted for the cunt

So he spent about 500 million and will get back about 45 million :anguished:

That’s some bath.

I saw a clip on the news last night with him and Dermot Desmond at some dinner.

Puke inducing.

An expensive ego trip for sure.

Larry Goodman mugged off all and sundry

1 Like

Why do you consider it a song?

It generated 25m in EBITDA last year. That looks like a fair enough enterprise value to me in a declining industry.

Eaten Bread Is Terrorising Denis’s Accounts

1 Like

This kind of news is always a precursor for some FG privatisation announcement. Is there anything valuable left we could give poor ol Dinny?