Tfk fantasy football

Some things to note:

1. It’s based on the EPL.

Registering
2. It requires a separate registration. This is a bit of a pain in the hole for the following reasons:
3. The password isn’t protected brilliantly
4. So I’d advise against using your normal secure password (e.g. Wexford96)
5. Because it’s on the same domain as the rest of the site it will cause browsers all sorts of weirdness with remembering the wrong password if it uses the same username as used in the forum (and the frontpage and tipping etc) but with a different password.
6. Therefore please use a random username with whatever (not very secured) password you want.
7. At the bottom of the form PUT IN YOUR TFK USERNAME THERE INSTEAD.

That’s fair annoying but fixing it is beyond my capabilities at the moment.

Playing
8. Regiser, log in and pick your team. After you have chosen your formation make sure to press SAVE and then PLAY.
9. The rules are there on the site somewhere. But copied below*

Questions/Issues
10. If you find mistakes (there will be plenty) then let me know here. Don’t post anything about the game itself on this thread, just questions and bugs etc. Or any suggestions (but not sure what I can and can’t implement).
11. It isn’t perfect yet probably, and who knows what might happen with the first week’s scoring but if it works well for the rest of the season then should be flying by World Cup time and for next season.

http://www.thefreekick.com/Joomla_RT_Kinetic_j15/index.php/tfkff/tfkff?Name=Value

*Scoring System

• +2 pts for a starting XI appearance
  • +1 pt for a substitute appearance
  • +3 pts for a goal assist
  • +5 pts for scoring a goal
  • +3 pts for being Man-of-the-Match
  • -5 pts for being sent off
  • -2 pts for a booking
  • -5 pts for missing a penalty (including shoot-outs)
  • -3 pts for an own goal

Keepers and Defenders only

• +4 pts for a full match clean sheet
  • +2 pts for not conceding a goal during a substitute-appearance
  • +5 pts for a penalty save (goalkeepers only)
  • -1 pt for each goal conceded (excluding penalty shoot-outs)

Please hold off on entering this for the moment - I’ve identified a glitch and am working on correcting it.

You may enter, see revised instructions above.

waheeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Slightly amended instructions in the first post.

Hard to bump a sticky but giving this a little more promotion. Registration is painless and picking the team etc takes a total of 5 minutes.

Is the Darren Bent that plays for Spurs on this yoke any relation to the lad who plays for Sunderland?

Rocko, think there’s a few more bugs. For reference see Sol Campbell, Dean Ashton, Kolo Toure etc.

Yeah it hasn’t done the transfers that happened since the season started and it would take too long to go through them all now.

Pick your team anyway. If you pick someone who has moved clubs within the EPL (e.g. Richard Dunne) then you’ll get the points they earn at their new club.

I’ve entered a team but it aint showing up in the league for some reason

+1.

Did you click PLAY after saving your team?

Yes, I even went back in and clicked on it again for the laugh.

Sorry you’re in there alright. Just doesn’t update until I moved it on a week and the two of ye are now there so we can kick off on week 3 instead.

You might want to make a quick change there to Bandages details if possible

Wasn’t sure if they were visible for everyone? Thanks that’s changed now.

Why am I not showing up in the league?
I registered, selected my team, hit play etc on Friday but no sign of me in the league. I want answers.

Thanks to all who participated in the very successful trial. :stuck_out_tongue:

A few things went wrong. Deleted it all and starting again!

On the plus side I now know what I’m doing so feel free to re-register and we’ll start again for the Easter games.

Bump.

I can offer a 60% guarantee that I won’t delete the database this time if you re-register and pick your squds.

Oh and the squads are all updated.

I did my one earlier on but I have absolutely no confidence that it will work this time around.

i’ve no prob registering and picking a random squad as long as i’m not stuck with it when the game goes live.