TFK Golf outing 2022 - Faldo Memorial 10th Sept

If it was a march he was organising, @locke would have made a decent effort.

With or without a Lambeg?

Seriously though, I could go back and note all those on here who initially committed to this event and who are now gone to ground. But thereā€™s loads of time. Weā€™ve committed to eight golfers and we have four, half way there. Letā€™s be ā€˜avin you etc etc.
Welcome to the forum @estebandaface, whoever you are :smiley:, how many points did you get in the Leavjng Cert?

the education received from Sextons CBS is worth far more than points

1 Like

What are you playing off? :thinking:

Your ma.

3 Likes

Would love to make it @Locke but Saturdays a bit of a no-go for me these days. Hope it goes well.

1 Like

14.8 but I donā€™t think that matters in a scramble. 4 tee off, use the best one, 4 hit from there, use the best one, etc. I donā€™t think thereā€™ll be handicap indexes used in this thing

1 Like

Thatā€™s it, handicaps irrelevant

This is like the time Clarehurlers organized a get together the night before some Munster Final in Hayes Hotel. Two people turned up. Mairegangaire and Matt who owned the website. Iā€™d say Matt was :hot_face::hot_face: all night.

Needless to say loads of forumites had said they were going.

3 Likes

Depends still.

Champagne scramble is best drive then use your own thereafter with best two scores to count. Handicap matters then as to who has best score.

1 Like

probably wonā€™t matter for a fundraiser like this bud, they wonā€™t be bothered with it and just make it a scratch scramble, sure thereā€™ll be a hape of lads who wonā€™t be on the Golf Union system.

What Iā€™ve seen at these things is the might make it 3 to score on 9 and 18 to make it a bit fairer, save fellas having a scratch golfer just tearing it up on their team

1 Like

See below the description from the organiser of the golf outing. Doesnā€™t matter a bit around formatting, just that people go.

I just added you to the WhatsApp group @estebandaface

2 Likes

this is it, meet up, flake a few balls around and hopefully raise a few pound for his family.

2 Likes

Welcome back pal.

1 Like

It took Faldo to get him back!! The man was a legend

2 Likes

Thanks

Me and you would bate the bollocks off these lads one handed at golf if we were bothered

2003/4 if I recall correctly

Would you show up for Faldo and test the theory?

Sorry mate, Iā€™m not in the country September 10th. I guess weā€™ll never know if I could beat the absolute bollocks out of some fellas I never met at a sport I donā€™t play with one hand tied behind my back.