TFK International Business Travel Thread

Hereā€™s hoping!

1 Like

I missed a trip to Sri Lanka :slightly_frowning_face:

Anyhow on a brighter note, I just rang a lad I do a bit of business with in Galway. The oul fella rang me as he wants to finally get fibre to the house, and needs a trench dug for the cable.
Your man, an absolute gent says heā€™d do it for me no problem.
ā€œTell your dad Iā€™ll call in in the morning and take a lookā€
ā€œGrand jobā€ says I. "what time?ā€™
ā€œThe morningā€ he says, ā€œthe morningā€.

3 Likes

1 Like

More accurate than the usual builders line of ā€œsome day next weekā€

Thatā€™s a very specific window that @flattythehurdler got in fairness

That wouldnā€™t do on the mainland though. Flatty forgets himself when heā€™s talking to the peasantry.

Thereā€™s a part of the human brain that craves certainty.

Itā€™s why itā€™s better (and cheaper) to provide real time accurate information on when for example the next train is due than to make trains more regular.

Itā€™s also why most utilities will now provide a window of time when they will call to provide a service.

The oul fella goes out every morning for the messages. Heā€™d have a routine always.

Your buddy will be aware of this and will time his approach accordingly. Benefits of maintaining good relationships with folk. Scowling at neighbours because they drive Landcruisers wonā€™t cut the mustard.

1 Like

colombo?

Iā€™m half tempted to book a trip to huhmurica for june. Finnair, iclandair and American airlines are all costing about the same. Never flown with the first twoā€¦any advice?

Yes. Make sure itā€™s a one way ticket

3 Likes

:smiley:

But why @iron_mike?

Wow, thereā€™s a clamping

Tough love

I shouldā€™ve been in Sri Lanka today :slightly_frowning_face:

ah that explains the malaise.

great place

Say a prayer that airlines will still exist next June.

All the shit ye ordered from Chy-na is on that boat.