TFK International Business Travel Thread

It’s very like Newgrange.

1 Like

Certainly old looking ….

1 Like

Identical you’d have to say, including the turlough

1 Like

My nasal passages are in ribbons after spending the week sleeping in air conditioned hotel rooms and enduring -15 degrees Celsius when I do venture outside.

Only 11 steps from the elevator to my room door tonight though.

cc @iron_mike

1 Like

I know it sounds trivial but it puts a little spring in my step when I get a room near to the lift.

1 Like

I don’t like being close to the lift, too noisy

1 Like

Im grateful for it when Ive half a keg of porter in me

1 Like

I’m officially announcing that I absolutely fucking hate international business travel.
The end.
I greatly enjoy it when I’m there, but airports, lounges and flying. Fcuk that. You wouldn’t do it to a dog

4 Likes

Why can’t you do those meetings remotely, pal?

1 Like

there’s some things that can’t be done remotely. Or they can be done a lot quicker face to face.

The operation and feeding of a big mixer isn’t fully demonstrable via Zoom. :wink:

4 Likes

That’s true. It does depend on the circumstance. MS Teams would cover most issues though.

it does until it doesn’t. Sometimes you have to thrash it out over dinner and pints.

2 Likes

I can’t. Wouldn’t work. Some I do but I need to be there in person a lot too.

1 Like

Exactly mate.

1 Like

Ah, I hear you. That’s fair enough.

Business/first class no?

Honestly it’s fairly irrelevant. You don’t end up quite as rinsed if you have a bed, but you’re still spending miserable hours in airports which are hateful places, business lounges which are bedlam, and strapped down in a child sized bed in a metal tube breathing other people’s stale air and farts. You still have to clear customs and get exposed to awful food poisoning. You’re in a strange bed in a hotel, and upside down with jet lag. I remember the first time I flew business class in the airbus, I was back at the bar, and talking to a youngish Indian lad who flew round the world travelling three weeks a month decommissioning nuclear materials. He said it made no difference whether he was in first, business, or Ryanair. He absolutely hated plane travel and airports. I understand him now.
Don’t get me wrong, having a bed makes long haul a lot less arduous, but it’s a fuck of a lot more luxurious lying on a couch in front of the telly at home, and it’s an awful lot nicer being tucked up with your life partner than in some hotel room half a world away, and working upside down with jet lag.
The only good bit about long haul flying is tactical drinking (and it needs to be really long haul so’s you’ve time to sleep off the hangover), and no phone.
It’s nice having a pretty stewardess paid to be nice to you, but I honestly prefer travelling economy (with leg room) with the kids than business or first alone. Seriously, you wouldn’t cage up a dog like that.

11 Likes

The cash back-hander doesn’t work.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You’re the Pee Flynn of business travel

5 Likes