TFK Strava Kings March Lockdown Challenge

4 to 1 seems generous to the cyclists

1 Like

Pure milage suits a few rotten bastards on hereā€¦

In a month

Which is easier - cycling 30km within an hour, or running 7.5km within an hour, because thatā€™s what it is

Is there a timed element?

The cyclists are hard done by there.

30km an hour on the bike is hard effort, equal at 12k ran in the hour.

But anybody who isnā€™t a disaster could hop on a good bike and cycle 50k without stopping, not many could run 12.5

are we going for quantity or quality

There is not a timed element. Itā€™s about getting out and exercising as much as your schedule allows, and perhaps challenging yourself to do more than you would in a regular March. Simple as. I run more regularly than cycle as I donā€™t have the time to cycle.

The 4:1 was suggested as thatā€™s what Tris work off (cc @cluaindiuic). Itā€™s been all about running since the first challenge and the option of this was to allow those who donā€™t want to run to participate.

1 Like

@balbec just wanted to pull the lycra out from the attic.

Could you add a cooking element? Itā€™s something I want to get more into but Iā€™ve always struggled for confidence and motivation.

8 Likes

No.

2 Likes

It does. I would imagine any Sunday cyclist would do 60 - 80km easy?

1 Like

Youā€™re asking a man who thinks a Supermacs Quarter Pounder meal is high cuisine

Bikes have no place on TFK.

Cyclists are cooonts.

Vote with your running feet so

:man_shrugging:

fookin mamils

Even so. Youā€™d want to be running 100km a week to be within an asses roar of me, and thatā€™s just me tipping away, if I was motivated Iā€™d throw in a few handy double centuries on top to pad the mileage.

Btw, active travel should count for double, cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Go for it pal.

The amount of arguments on TFK, you wouldnā€™t be the better from it all.

1 Like

The secret to eternal happiness is not to argue with fools

this all started with running. just leave it at that. set up a cycling lockdown challenge for those wanting to throw cycling into the mix.

3 Likes