Which of the following should we do?

• Individual 10km Challenge
  • Inter-county 10km Team Challenge
  • Inter-county 5km Team Challenge
  • Cycling/ Running Mileage Challenge
  • Other

0 voters

First one is self-explanatory.
2nd/3rd option would be at least 2-3 runners from each county and averaging their best times over the month.
4th option is to include our cycling comrades. Perhaps 4:1 or 5:1 (i.e. 5 cycling km = 1 km on the board).
Other - anything else ye want to try. Comment below.

@Locke @Mac @fenwaypark @Bandage @TreatyStones @Thomas_Brady @Fat_Pox @Gavrilo-Princip @Wexford1996 @alf_stewart @PhattPike @backinatracksuit @Tassotti @balbec @RaymondCrotty @flattythehurdler @RaymondCrotty @horriblecunt @crutches @johnnysachs

@Loko_Cove @fran @Julio_Geordio @Gman @Ralphie @spidey @TheUlteriorMotive @Juhniallio @mikehunt @Biff_Egan @Arthur @tank @artfoley @batigol @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy @Jahan @Big_Dan_Campbell and anyone else I left out.

1 Like

I’d make it 4:1 cycling running.

Triathlons are split that way at lower levels.
20km cycle + 5km run
40km cycle + 10km run

3 Likes

Correct. I think that’s fairest.

I’ll do all of them, on the one day, and destroy the lot of you

5 Likes

How would intercounty work? Still have levels to it but go up against other counties for your level?

all you destroy is your knees

No, just whoever is from Limerick together (so, yourself, Treaty, Julio, Loko and whoever else), Wexford (Gman, Wexford1996, Bandage, Mac, etc.) and then average out the times. No point making it too complicated with levels etc.

There’s no experienced 10k runners in the Limerick clique. We are short burst runners, in sweltering heat.

I’m on @Thomas_Brady’s team

1 Like

Vote for the 5km so you pack of fat Samoan fucks.

Individual 10k … Keep the levels… Mix the groups.

Simple.

Example
Trackie, Cauli, Fran, Brady, Art.

All different levels, running to beat different times, but also competing against each other in the one group.

Up the levels to 10km as we’re all progressing. I would say inter-county but take into account where those taking part live. 3/4 per county but I can represent KK (preferably) or Cork (where I live).

Put me down for a 20k individual run

A team element might be good alright, @caulifloweredneanderthal. But I would like to ensure that we still encourage participation. One of the good things about this series is it’s encouraged lads that had let themselves go big time (like @Thomas_Brady & @Juhniallio, for example) to get back doing a bit of exercise. That’s something I wouldn’t want to lose. In that sense, I like TB’s idea of teams that pluck someone from each level. It would still motivate everyone to keep improving at their level to contribute to the overall team.

1 Like

Click on option ‘Other’ if so (I accidentally clicked this myself, as I had planned on abstaining from the vote. I will continue to move my vote to whatever is the lowest ranked option).

Fair enough

Agreed. At the same time we need to keep fat lads that have been running all the time and are still below the likes of myself and @Thomas_Brady from getting despondent @caulifloweredneanderthal. Maybe some spot prizes or novelty events that are tailored to suit some of the lesser lights? Best doughnut-interrupted 3.4k maybe?

1 Like

Can we not just do Limerick vs everyone else like usual?

3 Likes

I want to declare for the Lakota tribe.