TFK v Dwyer

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1111992, member: 234”]good man, very mature of you and the likes of @glasagusban could learn a thing or two here, he the man who wanted dwyer hung drawn and quartered 50 pages back when he realised the adult content of alt.com. i can only imagine the sour fucking puss on him as the cover page of the site opened that day and his jaws getting redder and redder before shutting it down in mortification.

i hope we can convict this sick cork cunt but i need to be convinced that he is more than a sick demented grooming fucker who preyed on innocent woman, i need to be convinced he murdered her by stabbing as the judge has stated we should.
at the moment im in the balance but i will review everything before the time arrives when i decide where my vote goes. thats justice. non emotive justice based on facts.[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 1111997, member: 112”]do you think this is an election or something? and what has it to do with you what way you think, the jury has been picked, and you werent selected.

@Scrunchie is doing an awful job for the defence. gave up on it as soon as it started.[/QUOTE]

@HBV*[/USER] will take the place of lapsed poster [USER=1]@Rocko

Ok, my current thinking. I would have bought the sex game gone wrong/athsma attack type defence as equally plausible and acquitted. He claimed neither of these things, and had plenty of time to break his silence (taking into account the fact that his defence barrister may have rightly told him to keep fucking schtum at all costs as that cark accent would do for him).
We are left with the simple defence of not proven beyond reasonable doubt.
It is beyond reasonable doubt that the phone was his.
It is reasonable to think that he was with Elaine o hara on the night that she died, given that he had arranged to meet her, left fairly specific instructions, and has no alibi.
It is reasonable to believe that was aware of her death as he never tried to contact her again after that night.
I believe it beyond reasonable doubt that he was party to her demise.
It was not, and could never be beyond reasonable doubt that she died in a sex game gone wrong, but G. O. D. had plenty of opportunity to confess this, even after he knew that the entire country was aware of, indeed fixated by, his proclivities.
If she did not die by accident, she died by design, it makes no sense that she would throw stuff into a separate reservoir a long way from her death point, nor climb a hill and crawl into a bush to do away with herself, without leaving a note, and without evidence of her being actively suicidal.
I am certainly on the above basis leaning toward a guilty verdict, but will continue to listen to my fellow jurors.

I am leaning towards guilty

• phones put them together at time she disappeared and in area her body was found
  • his instruction to her to leave her iPhone at home
  • his fixation with knives and stabbing
  • his supposed dry run to the location the day before based on phone evidence
  • the items dumped in the reservoir (if any of her clothes were dumped then that is more evidence but not sure they were)

As against that

• no murder weapon
  • no blood at scene, on clothes, in car
  • no evidence of stabbing to bones
  • the prosecution relying on the spade when they knew paint didn’t match
  • relying on spade when she was not buried
  • tells her to take painkillers
  • witness who saw lady crying
  • witness who spoke to her who said she seemed distant and did have a bag

Question for me is I think he did it, suicide would be a very big coincidence and yet her body was discovered just after the “reservoir’s secrets” in a massive coincidence

Can all jurors sign in with their initial view before 4pm today
Some logic as to why you have reached that decision is also useful for other jurors to punch holes in

take it seriously ffs - this is a social experiment to see how out of step tfk is with “normal” society

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1112034, member: 1170”]Ok, my current thinking. I would have bought the sex game gone wrong/athsma attack type defence as equally plausible and acquitted. He claimed neither of these things, and had plenty of time to break his silence (taking into account the fact that his defence barrister may have rightly told him to keep fucking schtum at all costs as that cark accent would do for him).
We are left with the simple defence of not proven beyond reasonable doubt.
It is beyond reasonable doubt that the phone was his.
It is reasonable to think that he was with Elaine o hara on the night that she died, given that he had arranged to meet her, left fairly specific instructions, and has no alibi.
It is reasonable to believe that was aware of her death as he never tried to contact her again after that night.
I believe it beyond reasonable doubt that he was party to her demise.
It was not, and could never be beyond reasonable doubt that she died in a sex game gone wrong, but G. O. D. had plenty of opportunity to confess this, even after he knew that the entire country was aware of, indeed fixated by, his proclivities.
If she did not die by accident, she died by design, it makes no sense that she would throw stuff into a separate reservoir a long way from her death point, nor climb a hill and crawl into a bush to do away with herself, without leaving a note, and without evidence of her being actively suicidal.
I am certainly on the above basis leaning toward a guilty verdict, but will continue to listen to my fellow jurors.[/QUOTE]

Hold on a minute, how many reservoirs are involved here?

Not Guilty

The defense have not proven beyond reasonable doubt that he committed murder. They haven’t even proven that she was murdered.

Not guilty of murder. No weapon produced and no evidence of murder on the body.

:clap:

@TheUlteriorMotive
@Rocko
@ the mixer walsh
@fenwaypark
@ Ciaran Careys Hurling Army
@maroonandwhite
@flattythehurdler
@Crutches
@Breaking my balls
@croppy
@Distended Red Anus
@Fran
Spare juror
@TreatyStones

So far two guilty and two not guilty

The Spare juror just texted me to say guilty. He’s a man of few words so doesn’t want to elaborate further.

Guilty.

Not guilty, not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Guilty.

The weight of circumstantial evidence is damning in my eyes. He killed her, the sick Cork cunt. I say hang him high.

Looks like we have a hung jury.

Not guilty as per the parameters set down by Judge Hunt.

And if the jury requesting a flip chart and asking what is it that everyone thinks Dwyer is supposed to have done here is anything to go by and it looks as if justice is going to be served.

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1112493, member: 234”]Not guilty as per the parameters set down by Judge Hunt.

And if the jury requesting a flip chart and asking what is it that everyone thinks Dwyer is supposed to have done here is anything to go by and it looks as if justice is going to be served.[/QUOTE]

They will work through the evidence logically and then get to (most likely) him being with her at 6pm on 22 August 2012.

He arrives home at 9pm. She is found dead.

I would rate it as 85% chance they find him guilty.

@artfoley
I demand a retrial

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1113546, member: 1517”]@artfoley
I demand a retrial[/QUOTE]
Motion denied

After due consideration I find the defendant guilty. His links to local and cork gga clubs were the final straw.