TFKHDTJPPT 2020 - Preliminary Heat 10 - Big_Mick_McCarthy v PhattPhatt

The most improved part of his game over the last five years is his diving, Olympic standard.

You’re not allowed use points saved in the backs to upgrade your forwards, would you ever pay attention to the rules FFS.

1 Like

The bench will win this game.

Fair point :grin:

But he could easily upgrade Houla there. Paudi and Houla v Ronan and Ciaran Carey or one of the other high end midfields. I think the value is in the latter

I went full blown with the points allocation here as regards backs, midfield + goalies and forwards, so the only place I could have improved things would have been the backs. On the straight swaps I’m just a tad too young to have fully appreciated Seanie McMahon, whereas I have seen a lot of Maher in the flesh. I wouldn’t swap Maher for McGrath personally, probably because McGrath has floated about a lot more, whereas Maher is THE 7 of the modern era (well, post Delaney anyways) .

Similarly, his brother is a guy who has floated position wise in his short career thus far, and both of these factors help justify the margin in points difference. In a game like this convened at such short notice with such a jumble of players, you need guys who know their role inside out.

I think @PhattPike has that bit more threat in his full-forward line, with Power better than Griffin imo (although I always rated Griffin). I don’t think Prendergast is best suited to the inside forward line, and will do his best work when brought outside.

I do think @Big_Dan_Campbell’s half-forward line will keep PP’s half-back line very honest. Midfield battle will be interesting but what swings it for me is the Puke’s distributors in his half-back line. I reckon they’ll just get better ball inside, and that will be the winning of the game by a couple of points.

Extremely even, puck of a ball stuff. The difference being so slight is that I feel Liam Rushe at 11 will cause more difficulty for Liam Rushe at 6 than vice versa.

Into the final throws, who is going to do it when the fat is in the fire

What was the score in terms of the famous @Big_Dan_Campbell scoring system out of interest?

I will have to pull out the laptop/spreadsheet. It’s much easier calculate it during the work day

Big Mick by a point

Commiserations to @PhattPike - spuds to ducks and Phantabulous XV have always had a great rivalry but it’s a clean rivalry

We’re hurting hard tonight, but I’m proud of my lads - we didn’t look to be getting a sniff of it in the early exchanges, but we didn’t go down without a fight. Best of luck @Big_Dan_Campbell, you will go far in this great competition.

1 Like

The roar when your team entered the field certainly unsettled them early on, they weren’t expecting that kind of support.

3 Likes