TFKHDTJPPT 2020 - Preliminary Heat 3 - Fanaithe Nogra v Kelly's Heroes

DavyFitz
That won’t happen so it won’t

1 Like

Please note - Kelly’s Heroes full back line holds 10 All Star awards between them.

This will be dragged out to better effect in the later rounds.

Kelly’s Heroes for Davy :cry:

Also because Kelly’s Heroes somehow contains the goat and another 2 of the greatest of all time.

1 Like

I’ve got to say that Luke O’Farrell & Aisake are two of the stranger choices in this competition. Carey & Kelly will likely do damage for @eoghanruadha but he’d be lucky to get more than another point or two from the rest of his forwards. Jerry O’Connor would be expected to notch a couple too, I suppose.

For @Raylan, two excellent ballwinners, two floaty-type forwards, Aisake & an out-and-out scorer in Whelan. Kelly obviously, on his day, has the potential to absolutely run riot but we’ve all seen days where he struggles to get into the game too. Still, working off Bonner & Niall Mac, you’d expect him to get some service but I do really like a half-back line with JJ in it.

A tentative nod to @eoghanruadha on the strength of that half-back line, and I’m not sure both Kelly & Carey will be held by those backs with the others working off them. Also, superior free-taking ability.

Agreed but its more a force of hand. Great value to be had in the likes of Pender/McCarthy/Clancy at their grades. The O Farrell hypothesis is that he would thrive as a runner/loose ball player surrounded by the right amount of steel and class. He will not have to mix it and the undoubted attention drawn to two of the best forwards in the game will give him ample opportunity to be a lesser marked target for direct passes or pop passes for scores , I’d expect given their propensity for driving runs forward that midfielders Lyng and O’ Connor will be on Lukes Christmas card list.

Luke O’Farrell always struck me as a yellow pack Johnjoe Farrell abs god help us Johnjoe was limited.

Farrell has more hurling but had no real nous whatsoever and wouldn’t have been a loose ball merchant, more a lad who would want to make hard runs and outbattle/outwork his man but was never really able to do it as he wasn’t savvy, fast enough or athletic enough. Probably stood out in club games doing this but would be beaten up a stick each time at county level.

1 Like

John Joe would not have had the range of striking for the type of position/contributor I have in mind for O’ Farrell. He was fairly prolific with Middleton and with a lot of the work(technical & graft) done by others expect him to emulate same in this scenario.

Closing stages, get them last few scores/votes in

Congrats to @eoghanruadha who wins through with a bit to spare

2 Likes

I suppose, ah shur look it . I suppose we’d have savage respect for @Raylan and shur look it we expected a savage battle. Delighted now I suppose just to come out the right end of it.

1 Like

I can live with being bayten by a daycent team, go on and win it out now lads.

1 Like