TFKHDTJPPT 2020 - Preliminary Heat 4 - Pace Is The Trick v "Nuts To A Monkey"

Pace Is The Trick v “Nuts To A Monkey”
@Bandage v @Ralphie

Pace Is The Trick

Joe Quaid - Limerick (6)

Declan Fanning - Tipp (4)-Liam Ryan - Wexford (4)-Damien Reale - Limerick (2)

Tony Browne - Waterford (6)-John Gardiner - Cork (6)-Ronan Maher - Tipp (4)

Cian Lynch - Limerick (8) Derek Lyng - Kilkenny (6) (46)

Dan McCormack - Tipp (4)-Seamus Harnedy - Cork (6)-Danny Sutcliffe - Dublin (4)

Conor Whelan - Galway (6) - Richie Power - Kilkenny (6) -Colin Ryan - Clare (4)

"Nuts To A Monkey"

S O’Keefe (6)

W.Sherlock (6)-L. Ryan (4)-M. Kavanagh (4)

L. Doyle (8)-R. Curran (6)-C.Crummey (2)

T.Kenny (6)-A.Fenlon (4)

L. Murphy (4)-J. Troy (6)-T. McCarthy (2)

P.Flynn (8)-R.Power (6)-G. Farragher (4)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Richie Power and Liam Ryan tog for both and will mark each other twice

• Pace is the Trick - Bandage
  • "Nuts to a Monkey - Ralphie

0 voters

I will go into more detail in a while, if required. But this contest can be neatly summed up by the full back / full forward battles.

Liam Ryan for me will dominate his full forward.

And his full back will be destroyed by Richie Power my full forward.

6 Likes

@Bandage Has a quality side assembled there, one of the front runners.

Dunno about these teams.

Colin Ryan, Ger Farragher? Youre hardly stuck for free takers in these line ups.

Pace full back line average really, gardiner not near as effective at 6. Good Midfield, but a half forward line that could all go missing together. Then colin ryan in the corner??

Nuts also over rating liam ryan due to homer bias fenlon, larry Murphy, timmy mccarthy. Nothin to write home about. But he’ll get the nod with troy and flynn. Curran also a far better 6.

The home town favouritism will afflict all of us. But the wexford lads more than anyone else.

Two bad teams

2 Likes

As much as I would like to, I can’t agree. Pace is the trick is a very balanced side and would be worthy of going deep into this competition. A wet day or a bad ref would be a worry or player unrest due to poor management. It’s a bit like Babs at Offaly.

Ah there’s a few holes in it — but he has enough to edge this one I think …It depends on how @Ralphie sets up.

I’d fancy Pace Is The Trick’s midfield to carry this one.

It’s a decent side that could go deep in the championship, but I’d worry about that half-forward line’s ability to produce the goods on a consistent basis.

Two decent keepers in this tie, when a lot of teams have gone conservative (i.e., McGarry)

Both teams came away with a 37 out of 45 from me. Tough one to call, Pace is the Trick lost some points from me for lining out three lads not in their natural positions from the off.

Paul Flynn, Troy and Power all give Ralphie a nice bit of x factor in the forwards while Bandage has a solid half forward line who have a nice mix to them, they won’t win games on their own but won’t lose you one either. Chris Crummy would struggle to keep his head up against any of those three lads under pressure.

Tough call - will wait to see what management have to say

Kenny and Fenlon is a dream midfield pairing

What?

More than the Limerick lads? :thinking:

Actually now that I look at it @Bandage has sneakily gone down the appeasement route and thrown in a few token Treatysiders

John Gardiner won’t handle John Troy. That’ll open up @Bandages back line where Paul Flynn will tear Damien Reale apart

limerick have had better players than Wexford so that gives them an advantage there I think

Gardiner at 6 is an error I feel

He only picked one of the good players though

I agree. Tony Browne and Ronan Maher will spend so much time covering Gardiner that the rapist and the much maligned Timmy will make hay

You’ll trigger Sidney using the rapist word and this will all be blown into the open. IC hurlers will launch vicious attacks on poor @Rocko when they find out they didn’t make the mystical line-ups

1 Like

I’m playing a one man full forward line and that will rotate between Power, Whelan and Harnedy.

Think of my 5-man half forward line as a semi circle with a lot of movement between the players.

But McCormack will be foraging deep to complement Lynch (link man, obscene skill) and Lyng (abrasive, direct running, no lack of hurling).

They will all break forward like a Flying V or U.

Ronan Maher will point sidelines.

Gardiner will point frees from inside his own half.

Ryan will point any placed ball from the 65 in.

I can move Fanning out to tear lumps out of McCarthy.

Ronan Maher will go back and take care of Flynn.

No other issues.

You will need to be careful with talk like this or I will have to switch my vote out of principle.