TFKHDTJPPT 2020 - Preliminary Heat 6 - Crutches v StoneCold

The Simpletons - @StoneCold v Crutches

The Simpletons
Stephen Byrne (6)

Michael Kavanagh (4) Paul Curran (2) Seamus Hickey (4)

John Gardiner (6) Sean McMahon (10) Declan Fanning (4)

Colm Galvin(6) Bill Cooper(4)

G Hegarty (6) , Bonnar Maher (6), Tony Griffin (4)

M Shanahan (4), Richie Power (6), G Farragher (4)

Crutches

Colm Callinan (6)

Damien Reale (2)-Daithi Burke (8)-Mick Kavanagh (4)

John Gardiner (6)-Declan Hannon (6)-Gearoid Mcinerney (2)

Bill Cooper (4)-Cian Lynch (8)

Conor Whelan (6)-Timmy McCarthy (2)-Danny Sutcliffe (4)

Conor Fitzgerald (2)-Richie Power (6)-Pat Horgan (10)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Kavanagh, Gardiner, Bill Cooper and Richie Power double jobbing

• StoneCold
  • Crutches

0 voters

Crutches has managed to get serious quality into every line.

2 Likes

He’s actually gone and put some thought into this the utter bastard.

1 Like

He does.

A lot of carthorses in the simpletons forwards, relying on farragher to score heavy. I dunno.

I never rated timmy mccarthy that highly surprised to see him making so many teams.

This is a real well-matched tie I must say. Some intriguing selections on both sides. I could see this going to a replay.

Simpletons 34 Crutches 32

Pat Horgan as good and all as he can be on his day I just don;t see how you could justify a 10 for him and then have Timmy and Fitz in the forwards. Take an 8 and upgrade one of those lads and you would be better off.

Simpleton has a nice industrious half forward line. All mobile, all hard runners ball in hand and would cause a half backline a lot of problems. I’d fancy StoneCold’s half backline and half forward lines to come out on top here in their respective duels and give him a platform to win.

1 Like

I openly admit to not having the most stylish forward line, but I have a half forward line that can win primary possession and turnovers; I would be expecting Farragher to be contributing 10 points from frees. Cooper would be another dog around the middle of the field hopping off lads and being a general nuisance, laying it off to Galvin who is always good for 2 or 3 points a game. Another goal and ten from the rest of the team would win the game; those backs are not going to concede over 26 points.

I never expected to see Conor Fitz & or Maurice picked if I’m being honest, although it’s not as strange as O’Farrell or Aisake either…

@Crutches’ team is decently-balanced and although Callinan is one of the better goalies, still nowhere near the best 6 option, I don’t think. Never fancied Whelan at half-forward but yeah, there are plenty of scoring forwards there.

@StoneCold has gone for a slightly different option; a highly-mobile and powerful half-forward line which could cause serious problems for that half-back line. I just don’t rate that full-frward line as highly, although Farragher will surely nail the frees that the half-forward line will surely win.

Another close call, but on the combination of that half-back and half-forward line, I’m giving this one to @StoneCold.

GK - Crutches
FB - Crutches
HB - Simpletons
MF - Crutches
HF - Simpletons
FF - Crutches

Crutches it is, Conor Fitzgerald though?

I always thought he was handy for a score or two a game, but I was only a young fella so maybe I have it wrong.

I think my full back line is good enough to limit @StoneCold full forward line and don’t see him getting enough scores from half forward, midfield and half back.

All I need is my half forward line to break up play and happy enough full forward line will be the winning of the game then.

Fourth official is getting the board ready with the added time

A third lop sided encounter with @crutches progressing

Crutches will be hard bet, his half forward line might be his undoing in the end though

Hard luck @StoneCold

1 Like

The fickle mob don’t read much into @Big_Dan_Campbell’s value system

1 Like

I’m glad that I have the votes of knowledgeable hurling posters like yourself, @Fagan_ODowd, and @Bandage. It appears a few lads voted along lines that there wasn’t enough from their county etc. Best of luck going forward @Crutches

1 Like

I thought they were two good sides. Puck of a ball between you.

1 Like