Derek Lyng 6-“Iron” Mike Houlihan 4

DJ " The Dodger" Carey 10-Patrick “Bonner” Maher 6-Niall McCarthy 4

Donie Ryan 2-John “Tank” Carroll 4-Ger Farragher 4

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Niall McCarthy and Ger Farragher on both teams

• Blake
  • watchyourtoes

0 voters

For the baggers Jackie full back, gardiner centre back with harte beside expected to mark? Colin Ryan and farragher on the one team leads to questionable production from play.

For the timbers jackie now even more bizarrely playing wing back, mike houlihan wins homer pick of the day, and a fairly low energy full forward line.

Tough call.

Yeah Jackie looks out of place in both sides. Can’t recall him playing in either in the business end of the championship.

Blake is asking Niall McCarthy to carry a fierce amount of water. John Carroll at full in an interesting one, I seem to remember him being more effective at half forward in his pomp bulldozing forward in straight lines as opposed to with his back to goal.

Tough call

Two weak forward lines.

One of the best corner backs of all time and both have him in a different position

1 Like

Blake can afford to put noel mcgrath Midfield, kenny wing back, let harte double mark dj and whatever he scores will be enough

I’m confident enough my lads match up well, I don’t think the opposition will get the ball to get enough scores.

Tommy on DJ is something I’m happy out with, DJ out the wing isn’t as big a threat and Walsh would have the hurling and the physicality to win there. That would be the key to victory for me, I don’t think the rest of their forwards have enough to trouble on their own. Midfield is another area I’m pleased with, don’t think Iron Mike would do much. My FF line has balance and Lehane should be getting the right ball to do damage.

Harte has the engine to shuttle around and Noel McGrath will do well as a playmaker/picker off of points.

I take the point re Tyrell being more natural in the corner, but he’s still in the full back line and I’m backing a top quality player to make it work rather than settling and sticking rigidly for a traditional full back

Any team with either Tommy or JJ gets my vote

These KK lads would sicken your shite. No imagination or personality…

Spare no timber will be sparing the umpires also you fear.

2 Likes

My lads have been told to go out and tear apart the clearly soft underbelly of todays opposition. The HF line will win the lions share of possession and should the scores not result from play then Farragher will flawlessly punish the plentiful frees.

Iron Mike has all the ammo he needs from the nay sayers and will give a tour de force in the middle of the park. Midfield will be ours no question.

Donie & John will be instructed to go for goals early & often and who could say they will be stopped.

Finally Finn & Burke will hold any 2 of the inside forwards for the duration giving up a handful of frees perhaps, Lohan will be targeted but in vain.

We have a lad called DJ who told me leave him off so I did.

We are blunt force trauma & pig ignorant, we may not go far but we will win this one.

Overuse of nicknames by @Watchyourtoes ala Marty Morrissey is a bit worrying

Close one here too. Teabaggers HB line v Spare no timber’s HF is fascinating
Gardiner at CB maybe a bit uncomfortable but the match up with Bonner would be great to see. Tommy will have to switch to take DJ or there’ll be hay made. And then Harte v McCarthy. Think v that HF line Harte maybe the weak link. But then spare no timber’s HB line edges teabagger’s HF line with McGrath the only match up victor. Can’t make my mind up here

A lot of good matches in this comp

1 Like

2 very average sides, can’t see either of them doing much in the next round.

Spare no timber is decent until you get to that full forward line :eek:

Where are the scores going to come from

GK - SNT
FB - SNT
HB - SNT
MF - SNT
HF - SNT
FF - Teabaggers

A single score hammering here for SNT, needs to get DJ into the full forward line

I personally don’t see the logic in picking both Colin Ryan & Farragher in the same team. I just think @Blake’s forward line have a serious lack of ballwinning ability; with serious pressure on Niall Mac. McGrath will sit off McInerney and do a fair bit of damage alright but will that be enough?

There’s a real contrast in style between the forward lines with @Watchyourtoes going for plenty of bruisers, with Carey then. If Walsh were to hold Carey, that would seriously hinder his scoring threat but if he’s floating around the place, he’ll also pick off scores.

I think backs on both sides will have the upper hand, but on the strength of the full-back line of Lohan/Burke/Finn and a concern over that ballwinning ability I spoke about, I’m giving @Watchyourtoes the edge in a dour contest.

into winning time - get them last few scores on the board

Donie Ryan is doing wreck here late on inside