TFKHDTJPPT 2020 - Super 8s - glasagusban v eoghanruadha

It’ll be more entertaining that way

Absolutely. I’ve yet to pick a faction, except the abbmmc

I hate to break this to you…

1 Like

download

You tell em Estey bai

I think I’m in @the_man_himself camp. I might bring my aggressive Maor uisce style to his sideline

At first glance I thought I was up against it here, but actually, my guys win at least two battles on every line of the field and a couple eye catching names won’t change that.

To start, Eoin Kelly always struggled when marked by Reale, over the balance of his career Reale had the better of their battles. That’s his 12 point forward nullified by my two point corner back, which shows up some of the bizarre points allocations. Over in the other corner for some reason DJ is two points less than kelly. He’ll never be fully held but remember hickey keeping tj Reid in his pocket in 2014, catching ball after ball over Reid’s head in the rain driving, Carey won’t have it all his way. The rest of the opposition forwards provide little threat, that’s 5 of six battles against the opposition forwards my lads win.

Meantime, Shaughs and Cloonan clean their markers up front. At half forward I have enough ball winning ability and scoring threat to keep eoghan’s half backs occupied.

Then we get to the winning of the game. My half back line and midfield will dominate their opposition. Ken McGrath will hurl a world of ball and lord proceedings from centre back. Lyng and O’Connor make a grand midfield but are completely outclassed and outworked by lynch and Carey. My team has complete control of the game from here and that dominance of possession will be enough to limit the damage DJ can do at the other end, while giving plenty of supply to my lads to put up a winning score.

Carey and Lynch with 1-3 between them, Ken McGrath man of the match.

1 Like

I’m in the long grass mate

Interesting commentary, it would be rude not to pen a rebuttal of some sort.

In the meantime however you do deserve a feather in your cap in your unique selection criteria.

You have managed to select a distinctive sextet as your offence in that there is not a single Celtic Cross between them.

4 Likes

Oouch!!!

1 Like

Vote won, excellent cutting in that reply. You love to see it actually.

1 Like

A scathing, arrogant remark that could lose you the galway, cork, Dublin, waterford and Limerick vote

The cats arrogance is never far from the surface

It may grab you a few Tippo sycophants though

It is a weak forward line in fairness

Harnedy, Sutcliffe, Prendergast > timmy, clancy, prendergast by a good bit

Yes but Eoghan has two all time greats in the full line

Eugene Cloonan was picked on a number of teams in this competition, I would always have seen him as a lad of suspect temperament. While he was a very skilful hurler I would always have seen him as a flat track bully and a bit of a hot head who was likely to go missing with the fat in the fire.
Would be interest to see where the Galway lads would rate him in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

And luke Farrell

Glas has three very strong players in the full forward line

All good players yes but two of the weaker sixes I think there

You’re giving DJ and Eoin Kelly value greater than their relative cost if you think so. The other 4 are very limited.

Sacrificing 4 forward positions for 2 big guns is a bit of overkill imo. It seems to have gotten the draw of votes up to now but i prefer the balanced approach to get as much strength as possible in each position

I would broadly agree but I don’t think Glas’s “scoring” forwards are good enough to make up for it in this instance

He has 5 lads with scoring ability, The other team has 2.