TFKHDTJPPT 2020 - Sweet 16 - Big_Mick_McCarthy V batigol

Esteban doing some great donkey work for Batty here. He’s like a fourth half-forward.

1 Like

Sean McMahon on anything from 60 yards plus out and DJ on the short range stuff. Two excellent free takers. DJ for penalties too

Silly comment and has nothing to do with his ability. Are we knocking Ciaran Carey for similar stuff or the Limerick and Cork lads who opted out?

Where are you expecting scores from play to come from? Kerins carries a lot of burden. Lyng and Galvin aren’t going to put up a huge score. DJ might grab a goal or two but he was never a man to put up a huge amount of points.

I can’t get passed that half forward line. There isn’t anything there that would have me thinking it could do it on a big day. There’s more scoring threat in your half back line FFS

Knocking Carey and lads who went on strike because things were so bad… Jesus.

Of the 12 forwards listed both Power and Seamus are on both teams

That leaves you
Kerins v Lehane
McCormack v Rushe
Gilane v Griffin
Cloonan v Carey

Lehane on his game would be more likely to put up a big score than Kerins but Kerins a far more consistent hurler who was well able to take a score. I’d say their scoring stats in championhsip hurling would be very similar. Kerins probably a more prolific goal getter but I am using him between the 40s as opposed to closer to goal.

McCormack v Rushe - Neither are prolific scorers but rushe more likely to do more on the scoresheet especially winning ball in the air and drawing fouls

Griffin v Gillane - Gillane the more prolific and wins this one but Griffin put up bit scores from play in a lot of championship matches as outlines in my previous tie. Gillane just a level above him

Carey v Cloonan- Similar to Gillane v Griffin, Carey wins this one while Cloonan on his day could be good but nowhere near the same level.

It is hardly chawke and cheese between the two forward lines. It is a very balanced tie and could go either way

Eh I am applying your logic for criticising Griffin to other players. Why is Griffin getting stick for speaking out against an old school manager and the others get a free pass?

none of the others are playing here.

Knocking Ciaran’s drink problem will do you no good with the Limerick vote mate

Damien Reale???

Jaysus you’re knocking Realer now too… You must want to get knocked out

nobody’s said they could hang their hat on other lads

Lovely cut here between @Big_Dan_Campbell and the outside trainer, @anon78624367, in @Batigol ‘s backroom team.

I would like to distance myself from the unseemly arguments happening here.

I only want @carryharry to not vote for me

2 Likes

good stuff mate… If I can do damage do both teams, fantastic… having me affiliated with you is worth points to the other team, without a doubt

1 Like

He’s bouncing around the field here in a pair of shorts and with the cap on backwards like Dan The Man. He’s putting in as much work as Seamie Prendergast.

3 Likes

Two serious full-forward lines. I was always a big fan of Tony Griffin; probably the Clare player I enjoyed watching most for some reason. Mick has the big star in DJ, Batigol has superior balance. Two decent full-back lines too, which may just about prevent either full-forward line completely going to town but they’ll be under pressure throughout.

I would also both half-back lines to be on top, and it may come down to which half-forward line can get most change off those lines.

Will Kerins get much scores in a deep role? He’ll work all day for you. Pender & Rushe will win ball for sure, even against that HB line, but won’t threaten the scoreboard a whole pile. Down the other end, Lehane has the potential to do damage if he can get on the breaks but probably needs Pender & McCormack to do the heavy lifting.

It’s a tough one. Maybe Mick’s midfield will just edge it for him by a point.

It reminds me of Pillar Caffrey giving John Morrison a dunt in the back before throw in that time.

@Big_Dan_Campbell came down to our field and same some brutal things about our lads so he did. You don’t get away with that.

this whole competition seems to come down to the half forward line and @Big_Dan_Campbell is terrible

Why?