TFKHDTJPPT - Semi final - Eoghanruadha v Aristotle

We went through an awful run of managers before Richie came in and sure he was hardly Brian Cody. But he picked the best 15 and put a bit of fight in them and sure we had a great year. You’d wonder how we’d have gone in the 00’s with any decent manager. There might not have been an all ireland in them, but they were much better than some of the displays they gave

1 Like

Ah yeah, Richie is a legend but he was the last of the old school managers. Fire, passion and fire it in long! No wonder he’s good mates with Babs :smile:

As you say though, some of those appointments were just so bad. Dave Keane took it way too early, if he even should have got it at all. Pad Joe Whelehan - mother of God. Justin - when he was ran from Waterford it was a huge, flashing warning sign.

We had the core of a competitive team in Reale, Foley, Dodge, Ollie Moran, Shaughs and there were enough other decent players to push on but it really was a mess for a few years with chronic mismanagement.

I still think Cregan went too soon.

He got the most out of the last of the 90s lads. I’d loved to have seen what he could have done with a few of those 21s lads.

Keane got fuck all time and was probably the wrong appointment. They needed a big one then

I bet it reminded you of yourself?

1 Like

Niall Moran has an interesting championship career, some outstanding performances where he took a number of very good backs for big scores and then days where he could be anonymous

1 Like

One of those lads that if the first one went over he’d be firing them over from all angles, if he missed the first one you could nearly take him off.
Unbelievably talented, someone like Kiely would have made an all time great out of him. As it was no manager ever figured him out

Niall’s biggest issue was the pressure he put on himself. Worked himself up far too much coming into games, just didn’t have the head for it.

Has done a decent job in Ard Scoil Ris over the last number of years in fairness to him.

Yes, absolutely. Coaching and playing two different kettles of fish completely

1 Like

His coaching in fairness appears to be very good. I was just complimenting him on that - obviously was a fine hurler too on his day. Consistent performances were a problem alright though.

Niall simply hadn’t enough of the dog in him. A lovely hurler when it was loose.

I’ll never forget the day Clare had us beat and Bugler gave him a tickle in the ribs, he went down like a sack of shit to get Bugler put off he should have turned around and flaked back

1 Like

:rollseyes:

He was a far better stickman than Ollie but Ollie had a far better temperament. Don’t know if it was the case but always felt there was a windiness to Niall

2 hours left

@Aristotle takes it

Big shock there :roll_eyes:

TFK has a serious Limrick contingent. A big win for them.

Momentum.

1 Like

Huge things could happen if Chocco and Barney’s multiple aliases came out of retirement

Think you need to look at an unbiased Selection of Judges for the final or the Competition will now be tarnished.