TFKNFLFF Draft

This is happening tomorrow @9pm for both leagues… I think a few of my crew haven’t logged in for a while, just scanning the forum, so i’m hoping they are aware of the the games room forum. This should act as a reminder…

But i’d like to use this thread to reach out to hall of famers like Gman, Rocko and Cluaindiuic to relay draft advice to new members.

Our draft last year was only 8 teams, which insured we all got relatively decent squads, with 12 teams this year guys are really going to have to do their home work for the latter rounds…

What strategy, if any, would you guys advise…

I’d also like to use this opportunity to wish every franchise the best of luck in their respective leagues this year, with 24 teams competeing over both leagues we are easily Ireland’s premier NFLFF forum. I’d also like to wish my fellow Commish, Gman, the very best in the upcoming season.

The strategy i would advise is changing the draft to Wednesday…

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 822495, member: 1796”]This is happening tomorrow @9pm for both leagues… I think a few of my crew haven’t logged in for a while, just scanning the forum, so i’m hoping they are aware of the the games room forum. This should act as a reminder…

But i’d like to use this thread to reach out to hall of famers like Gman, Rocko and Cluaindiuic to relay draft advice to new members.

Our draft last year was only 8 teams, which insured we all got relatively decent squads, with 12 teams this year guys are really going to have to do their home work for the latter rounds…

What strategy, if any, would you guys advise…

I’d also like to use this opportunity to wish every franchise the best of luck in their respective leagues this year, with 24 teams competeing over both leagues we are easily Ireland’s premier NFLFF forum. I’d also like to wish my fellow Commish, Gman, the very best in the upcoming season.[/quote]

Best of luck to yourself Mark! Could it be 2 years in a row that the commisioner of the segunda will get promoted?

something I wrote last year;

The auto draft will select players in preference of the way you rank them. Make sure you do this, as if you do not re rank your players, then it usually fills up gap spots in your roster when there might be better available player to pick from.
for example, kickers are an easy aquisition, and all roughly get mostly around the same points. this should be your last pick of all players and backups, but the auto draft without first activating it will pick your kicker high up. So instead of gettting a quality backup WR/RB or whatever, you will get a kicker, which is a waste of a high pick.
if you are doing a live draft, dont rush in and pick the next best player without thinking it through, see if you can build up in a particular area that would keep your whole squad strong. You could select 4 quality WR’s and this could help in the long run on depth or else for trading up a better player in another position with someone else.
Dont pick players soley based on last years rankings. Sometimes you could be looking at player who had a freak stand out year because another player on the team was injured, or vice versa where someone had bad points last year because they were on a crap team or were out injured. Have a quick look at the teams projections, do they have a tough schedule? No point picking players who are on a team who will be hammered every week.
Make sure you dont pick players in the same position that will have ‘Bye’ weeks on the same week. If you pick 3 RB’s and they all have bye weeks on week 7 say, then you are up shit creek that week. Make sure they are on different weeks.
Keep an eye out on rookies in pre season. Who is making moves in games, and who looks likely to be starting. These could be low round picks that could be real gems.

For lurkers, pushed out to 9.30. I’m too nice, that’s my problem. Now, I don’t want to hear anymore shite.

I couldn’t find any auto draft option.

Hopefully once I don’t sign in it’ll do it itself.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 822887, member: 348”]I couldn’t find any auto draft option.

Hopefully once I don’t sign in it’ll do it itself.[/quote]

Just set up your rankings and off you go

Aye have that done.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 822887, member: 348”]I couldn’t find any auto draft option.

Hopefully once I don’t sign in it’ll do it itself.[/quote]

yeah it will. if you are not signed in it automatically goes to autodraft.