TFKNFLFFL 1st Division 2014

It’s here, the eagerly anticipated 2014 TFKNFLFFL is back! Will we have a new name to carve onto the TFK perpetual hoodie? Or will one of the previous winners regain what is the most prestigious award in world sports? Can one of the newly promoted sides make a big impression on the league? And will this years relegated sides fuck off sulking or will they stay and try fight their way back to the primera division? With so many top sides, anything could happen, and you can follow it here, exclusively, on Irelands premier American Football website, TFK.

This draw for this years divisions has been concluded, and we can now exclusively reveal the divisions where each team will play for this seasons league:

NORTH
Black Cowboys - @SoulDressing
Scrunch Bunch - @Scrunchie
Useless Donkeys - @Gman
Pitch Cap Croppys - @croppy_boy

EAST
Rockos Provos - @Rocko
Fran Sancisco 49ers - @Fran
Spearmint Rhinos - @chewy louie
Ruckees - @Mac

SOUTH
Whodat - @braz83
Pace Is The Trick - @Dirty Hands Walter
Ironsides - @Turenne e
Teaboy Teabaggers - @Blake

Draft positions will be set as random, as per previous years. Draft date to be agreed, however the first proposed draft night put forward is Sunday August 24th at 9pm. This is subject to agreement, but I have taken onto account GAA fixtures (Mayo V Kerry) and Champions League second leg qualifier games (Tue 26/Wed 27) so that there is no conflict of interest. If you wish to put forward an alternative date, do so now, and within 5 days. If there is more than 20% (ie 4 teams) who cannot under any circumstances make this night, then we will look at a suitable alternative.

So who will join the illustrious list of previous winners? Soon I’m sure the league will announce a Hall of Fame, but for now, we will just list out the previous years winners (each season can be seen back on the History tab on the League page. Records for 2009 have now been included):

2013 – Whodat – Braz83
2012 – Pace Is The Trick – Dirty Hands Walter
2011 – Rockos Provos – Rocko
2010 – Team Discovery Channel – Cluanduic
2009 – Useless Donkeys – Gman

As reigning champion, I would like to call upon Braz to say a few words and get the season up and running.

BRING IT ON!!!

Ah here, what the fuck are you doing having the draft on a bank holiday Sunday for? Absolutely no respect shown to the Diaspora.

No real group of death this year. Last years the “Great North” will surely go down as the strongest TFKNFLFFL conference of all time #cutthroat

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 996147, member: 1137”]Ah here, what the fuck are you doing having the draft on a bank holiday Sunday for? Absolutely no respect shown to the Diaspora.

No real group of death this year. Last years the “Great North” will surely go down as the strongest TFKNFLFFL conference of all time #cutthroat[/QUOTE]

Soup takers will adhere to the Irish Bank holiday structure.

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 996145, member: 112”]It’s here, the eagerly anticipated 2014 TFKNFLFFL is back! Will we have a new name to carve onto the TFK perpetual hoodie? Or will one of the previous winners regain what is the most prestigious award in world sports? Can one of the newly promoted sides make a big impression on the league? And will this years relegated sides fuck off sulking or will they stay and try fight their way back to the primera division? With so many top sides, anything could happen, and you can follow it here, exclusively, on Irelands premier American Football website, TFK.

This draw for this years divisions has been concluded, and we can now exclusively reveal the divisions where each team will play for this seasons league:

NORTH
Useless Donkeys - @Gman

EAST
Rockos Provos - @Rocko
Ruckees - @Mac

SOUTH
Whodat - @braz83
Ironsides - @Turenne e

Draft positions will be set as random, as per previous years. Draft date to be agreed, however the first proposed draft night put forward is Sunday August 24th at 9pm. This is subject to agreement, but I have taken onto account GAA fixtures (Mayo V Kerry) and Champions League second leg qualifier games (Tue 26/Wed 27) so that there is no conflict of interest. If you wish to put forward an alternative date, do so now, and within 5 days. If there is more than 20% (ie 4 teams) who cannot under any circumstances make this night, then we will look at a suitable alternative.

So who will join the illustrious list of previous winners? Soon I’m sure the league will announce a Hall of Fame, but for now, we will just list out the previous years winners (each season can be seen back on the History tab on the League page. Records for 2009 have now been included):

2013 – Whodat – Braz83

As reigning champion, I would like to call upon Braz to say a few words and get the season up and running.

BRING IT ON!!![/QUOTE]

Can we change the North to the Hook Peninsula featuring @SoulDressing

I’ll be unavailable on the evening of the 24th, so it’d be great if a compromise date could be agreed upon.
Any leagues I’ve been in previously have had the draft as close as possible to the start of the season, so as to give ample time to assess sleepers from a full pre-season and prevent any cunts bitching and moaning 'cos the guy they drafted in the first round picked up an 11th hour injury. Therefore, I’d like to put forward August 31st as an alternative.

[QUOTE=“Blake, post: 996175, member: 1755”]I’ll be unavailable on the evening of the 24th, so it’d be great if a compromise date could be agreed upon.
Any leagues I’ve been in previously have had the draft as close as possible to the start of the season, so as to give ample time to assess sleepers from a full pre-season and prevent any cunts bitching and moaning 'cos the guy they drafted in the first round picked up an 11th hour injury. Therefore, I’d like to put forward August 31st as an alternative.[/QUOTE]

I think Saturday the 30th of August would be a better date

How about Sunday the 31st pal and having a joint one with the leper league? Imagine the banter…

Gotta be a Sunday anyhow.

Sunday the 31st could be a viable alternative. I’ve no issue with it being on the 31st. The 30th is a non runner, the Croke Park Classic between Penn State and UCF is on that day.

@Mark Renton are ye aiming for a 9pm kick off on the 31st?

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 996252, member: 112”]Sunday the 31st could be a viable alternative. I’ve no issue with it being on the 31st. The 30th is a non runner, the Croke Park Classic between Penn State and UCF is on that day.

@Mark Renton are ye aiming for a 9pm kick off on the 31st?[/QUOTE]
Yes,pal.

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 996145, member: 112”]It’s here, the eagerly anticipated 2014 TFKNFLFFL is back! Will we have a new name to carve onto the TFK perpetual hoodie? Or will one of the previous winners regain what is the most prestigious award in world sports? Can one of the newly promoted sides make a big impression on the league? And will this years relegated sides fuck off sulking or will they stay and try fight their way back to the primera division? With so many top sides, anything could happen, and you can follow it here, exclusively, on Irelands premier American Football website, TFK.

NORTH
Useless Donkeys - @Gman

EAST
Rockos Provos - @Rocko
Ruckees - @Mac

SOUTH
Whodat - @braz83
Ironsides - @Turenne e

2013 – Whodat – Braz83

BRING IT ON!!![/QUOTE]
Thank you Gman.

Cunts of TFK, I am honoured to address you as your beloved champion. In a life that has to date been consistently associated with glorious achievements, being TFKNFLFFL champion is in strong competition with winning a weekly spelling competition in first class for being 36th most memorable.

However it is now time to forget all past glory and focus anew on being the fantasiest fantasy footballer in all of fantasydom.

It is therefore my pleasure to ceremonially remove my champion’s hoodie and declare this year’s festival of fantasy open.

Can’t do the 24th either. 31st would be grand though.

31st is fine with me. It’ll be handy for me to do the draft for the lepers league at the same time.

I intend to follow the Starks and become King of the North!

I’ll give @Gman[/USER] and [USER=230]@croppy[/USER] boy such a bateing they’ll be taking the black. [USER=47]@SoulDressing is an alright sort and there’s a second place for him in Westeros

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 996691, member: 1408”]I intend to follow the Starks and become King of the North!

I’ll give @Gman[/USER] and [USER=230]@croppy[/USER] boy such a bateing they’ll be taking the black. [USER=47]@SoulDressing is an alright sort and there’s a second place for him in Westeros[/QUOTE]

Just remember what happened the Starks buddy.

Are we still going with Sunday the 24th of August?

well you were the first to complain about it, and others said they’d prefer the week after, so if it suits, official change to time now is Sunday 31st at 9pm.

If more than 4 people have an objection to that, let it be known now, within 5 days. Not having souldrssing turn up again the day before and asking for it to be changed. There is now 18 days notice for people to get their chit together and clear out Sunday 31st for a run at drafting.

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 999448, member: 112”]well you were the first to complain about it, and others said they’d prefer the week after, so if it suits, official change to time now is Sunday 31st at 9pm.

If more than 4 people have an objection to that, let it be known now, within 5 days. Not having souldrssing turn up again the day before and asking for it to be changed. There is now 18 days notice for people to get their chit together and clear out Sunday 31st for a run at drafting.[/QUOTE]
I’m in awe of your commissioning, mate. Well done on a great job!

thanks Choco. Hopefully you will fill Mark Rentons shoes and prove to be an adequate commissioner too. If you need any help, just ask. Those lepers need watching and to be ruled with an iron fist.

FYI owners, the draft order is set as random snake:

Draft Order Type: Random Snake - a snake draft order will be randomized 30 minutes prior to your draft time.

So there will be no announcement of who is where until 30 mins before the draft. Unless you want the commissioner to set it up and assign the pick order, but I’m happy enough to leave it as it is.