TFK's GAA Guru Competition

I have secured exclusive access for TFK members to a new TFK competition to win some money and raise money for TFK at the same time.

For the duration of November, all you have to do is pick the winners from each senior hurling men’s football and hurling matches.

The TFK member with the highest number of correct predictions at the end of November will win a cash prize - equivalent to 51% of the total amount raised in entry fees paid by Paypal or an equivalent. The remaining 49% will be used to fund @bandage’s elaborate taste in fine dining and keep the TFK servers humming.

The entry fee for the competition is €9.99. That’s less than the price of a €10 cup of coffee.

Click here to subscribe

The first week’s entries are to follow below.

Rules

  1. I think this should be straightforward with minimal controversy. I’ll be fair. But if there’s a decision required, my decision will be final. Unless I change my mind. In that case my final decision will be final and my previous decision will not be final.

  2. You choose your selection by voting in a simple poll and choosing either team to win. I will put up the next week’s fixtures each week before Wednesday. And I’ll update on points from the previous weekend at the same time.

  3. The fixtures will be all Senior Intercounty football and hurling games in the primary competition (i.e. not including Joe McDonagh cup etc.)

  4. If someone like @The_Selfish_Giant decides to enter because he wants to help fund TFK then this cannot be used against him as an accusation that he is softening his stance on the GGA.

  5. You can only vote once you have paid the €9.99 entry fee. That fee can be paid using the subscriptions menu at the top or by visiting TFK Subs

  6. For the avoidance of doubt, @Bandage and I can/could both see who has chosen which team so if either of us wins, then the next best total will win.

8 Likes

Ignore this

I don’t trust the Internet. Give me an address to post up my tenner.

1 Like

Ok. Donegal, armagh and cavan to win their first/preliminary round matches…

All entries close at 1315 on Saturday 7th November

Football

Saturday 7th November

  • Galway
  • Sligo

0 voters

  • Westmeath
  • Dublin

0 voters

  • Limerick
  • Tipperary

0 voters

  • Cavan
  • Antrim

0 voters

Sunday 8th November

  • Roscommon
  • Mayo

0 voters

  • Longford
  • Laois

0 voters

  • Wicklow
  • Meath

0 voters

  • Kildare
  • Offaly

0 voters

  • Cork
  • Kerry

0 voters

  • Fermanagh
  • Down

0 voters

Hurling

Saturday 7th November

  • Laois
  • Clare

0 voters

  • Dublin
  • Cork

0 voters

@gaillimhmick’s hurling picks competition has been fairly upstaged here after a very professionally run first round.

That’s a shame. I can’t be following every thread.

1 Like

Lets hope every week is as easy as this

That’s why you have forum moderators like @Mac, @Horsebox and @EstebanSexface keeping an eye on things behind the scenes

2 Likes

@Rocko, is there a paypal option for the entry fee?

The automated PayPal option isn’t working for me. But you can send €9.99 to admin@thefreekick.com and send me a PM when that’s done and I’ll enable you for the picks.

1 Like

I’m going to do the same if that’s ok @rocko?

1 Like

Fire away.

That’s done pal :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. You’re added now so should be able to pick.

1 Like

I sent it earlier too

I’ll PayPal it before the deadline on Saturday morning

1 Like

Make sure to send it as “Friends & Family” to ensure @Rocko gets the full €9.99 :wink:

1 Like

Paypalled it to you there mate. Couldn’t be arsed finding the bank card. I’m a child of revolut-ion these days