That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

How convenient

https://twitter.com/RTELateLateShow/status/1487179545740521477?s=20

Remember this and tubridy refused to wear a muzzle. He was above all that.

7 Likes

Ah that was absolutely incredible

2 Likes

It highlights exactly the type of ego maniac tubridy is.

I remember him on one morning him saying his kids were embarrassed to go out in public with him because so many people would stop him up and thank him for getting them through the pandemic.

He’s a total cunt. Hopefully he’s hounded like him and his mates hounded Phil hogan until he lost his job.

14 Likes

I haven’t watched the LLS in donkeys years. I used to watch it with the grandparents back in the day. As I got older and started going out I always missed it.
I definitely haven’t ever watched an episode since Tubrity started doing it. I just can’t take to him and think he is a bit of a knob.
Of course I have seen bits and pieces over the years but the guests seem to be b and c rate compared to back in the day. Maybe that’s harsh, and Brendan ocarroll seemed to on it a couple of times a season a few years back.

I tried to watch the toy show last Christmas with herself. But just the head on him and prancing about made me go away from it. Plus it didn’t seem to be too much about the toys the bit I saw but more the kids and acting up, Then again maybe it was always like that but I was younger and able to put up with it,

I have never heard Tubrity on the radio. I didn’t even know he had a show. I thought it was just the LLS show he was doing and a few other tv gigs.

7 Likes

I was moved to comment on Tubridy’s radio show a couple of years ago.

16 Likes

Great stuff

Weren’t you incredibly worked up over A few Limerick players singing Sean out of garryowen in the dressing room after an all Ireland final?

I’m old enough to remember when Gaybo thought he was a titan of the broadcasting industry and on a par with Johnny Carson and took himself off to Philadelphia one summer to launch his US broadcasting career and landed back with his tale between his legs three months later.

22 Likes

I never heard of that.
Was he going over there specifically to try and get a gig or was he just chancing his arm to see what came up for him?

:see_no_evil: :grinning:

I think he had a gig on some Philadelphia station and he didn’t work out.

2 Likes

Are your mates also getting back handers, or are they just a bunch of lackeys?
‘According to my mates in rte’ Jesus wept

3 Likes

I recall seeing him on tv over there as a young buck. Was young at time, but remember it was dire. There was no rapport with guests. They were probably thinking ‘gay who’.

3 Likes

If he was a real star he’d have been snapped up by the bbc like terry Wogan.

No harm to gay but rte really struggled to put together any sort of a highlights reel…the best they could do was billy connolly, spike milligan or dave allen being funny and gay laughing…with maybe some ground breaking mention of condoms.
You’d think he’d have had a few interesting moments in such a long career

1 Like

I would agree.

There are two things with respect to what we’re learning to date that you could point at Tubs for:

1. Not coming forward and stating he was warning more than RTE published…
  2. Not taking a pay cut in parrallel with other RTE staff…

In both cases he was under no obligation and his response can reasonably be:
(For) 1. Not sure why RTE mis-stated or miscalculated it and its not my responsibility outside of my tax affairs to declare that (assuming everything is above board on that front)…i wouldnt know the scope or be involved in said reporting.
(For) 2. Speak to my agent…I felt I was being underpaid for my role anyway…

Noone will like those answers but from what we know now (there are some potential holes) he can carry himself on those.

But as for the crowd in front of the Committee today…not a shred of credibility and all of them seem to represent symptoms of the problems central to all this. End of the day here I feel there is a massive failure in governance, financial management, communication, controls, accounting, audit and generally culture. This is a public sector entity. Noone trusts their main governing body as of now. All of these are going to have to own it and being honest I feel there is a realistic possibility that this may go the legal route at one point in one fashion or another for losses.

Advertisers and householders (re licence fees) are not going to finance the product based on this and the argument is they shouldnt. This crowd need to front up tomorrow. When the Taoiseach is calling you out the game is well and truly up and I wouldnt test patience…

1 Like

Byrne could be quite condescending and intolerant because he was not particularly well informed or educated like Kenny is although Byrne was a very intelligent man and. Tubs is not particularly well informed or educated either and not even engaging as a presenter. Still, he went a long way on such modest talent. I think his career in Ireland is fucked now because of this.

1 Like

If you ordered Gaybo off Wish this is what you’d get.

Tail

2 Likes