That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Seems they’re saying the new found and not insubstantial profitability came from cost reductions as revenues actually decreased

The circled bit is the only thing that matters really and why you’ll have Claire Byrne talking about Long Covid till Kingdom come.

3 Likes

I’m sure the cost associated with production/hosting of those ‘special events’ was drastically reduced due to lockdown.

Not doing the Euros and Olympics last year saved them a heap of money. Don’t worry. They’ll be back to a healthy defecit for 2021.

1 Like

there’s no exceptional items announced in the financial statements such a redundancy programme. there’s also the question of the liability regardiing revenue and RTE offering stars contracts for service rather than contracts of service

the financial statements are meaningless without a proper breakdown of expenses such as salaries etc.

1 Like

Arent the big monied stars contractors so won’t show as salaries?

1 Like

revenue knocked that on the head last year, therefore the question of liability to revenue

RTÉ has made an ‘initial payment’ to Revenue over self-employment contracts, Dáil committee hears (thejournal.ie)

Why don’t the contractors have to pay the bill?

2 Likes

Exactly. RTÉ paid them what they charged surely the onus is on them to settle with revenue?
Can’t have the stars settling from their own pocket when Johnny license payer can

1 Like

Exactly, if a subbie went into a big site and charged x amount for the plastering but never paid the tax surely the main contractor isn’t going to pay it.

How much did they get from the HSE in ads regard Covid ???

I’d imagine it’s employers PRSI Revenue would be going after them, which wouldn’t be covered by sub contractor route

Enough to end up 20 million in profit. Would be never have happened in normal times.

Your man doing the sports news there on the news talking about the Leinster hurling final with a Leinster rugby backdrop behind him.

3 Likes

Is Una’s new show on after the news?

Una isn’t starting until next week

Do those figures not disprove that whole narrative?

Una is unreal

Shocking scenes in the live report from Soho on the 9pm news

I saw some John Bull cursing into the camera. You just can’t trust the tans with booze in em.