That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Who is he ?

This not having 25 likes shows how far TFK has declined.

Lads too lazy to log in to their other accounts :confused:

1 Like

A new low on the 9 o’clock news tonight.

What happened?

Reporting of that fatality in the car crash on Mount Leinster early this morning.

What did they do wrong?

The local councillor when interviewed relayed the request of the family of the deceased 16 year old for privacy. They go back to the reporter then who signs off her report by referencing incidents involving family members of the deceased that have attracted media coverage of late.

I thought this was referring to the sports report being given a fella sitting on a couch.

3 Likes

What the fuck was that about? It was like he was presenting it from a hotel lobby or something. They finished his segment with an extreme closeup of his face then.

It was most unsettling.

The lad with the horrendous tie?

1 Like

2 Likes

You’d nearly go windsurfing with that.

10 Likes

Spoiler that FFS

1 Like

I never listen to her show but this is ridiculous. How is she allowed get away with this nonsense.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/denis-obrien/

The segment took eight minutes.

Last Friday, a High Court jury, by a majority, found that articles published by the Sunday Business Post in March 2015 – about a seven-year-old Government-commissioned PwC report – were not defamatory.

At the outset of the item on the matter, law lecturer at NUI Galway Larry Donnelly said he thought the jury’s verdict was a victory for “rigorous”, “objective” and “critical” journalism.

In relation to reports that the costs of the case will amount to €1million – for which Mr O’Brien must pay – Mr Donnelly said this was an “extraordinary” figure, though admittedly not for the billionaire.

He also raised an article by Eoin O’Dell in yesterday’s Sunday Business Post in which the Fellow and Associate Professor of law in Trinity College Dublin argued that the case should never even have made it to the High Court under the Defamation Act 2009.

Mr O’Dell’s article, Mr Lawlor explained, said the act provides for other means to achieve early resolution of defamation cases.

Ms Finucane, in response said:

“Everybody is entitled to their good name and they really are and people feel it, very deeply, if somebody has a go at their good name.”

On Twitter, Mr Lyons noted:

Much concern among the #marian panel about Denis O’Brien’s right to defend his good name. What about my good name and that of @ipkehoe? Look at the damaging allegations Denis O’Brien gave against us using legal privilege without any evidence.

— Tom Lyons (@TomLyonsBiz) March 3, 2019

CEO of Barnardos Fergus Finlay said he didn’t know Denis O’Brien well but he worked with the businessman briefly some years ago in relation to the Special Olympics and he thinks he’s “done a number of very great things with his money over the years” – a point to which Ms Finucane replied “indeed, yeah” before Mr Finlay said he was especially referring to people with intellectual disabilities and “stuff he [Mr O’Brien] should be really proud of”.

Mr Finlay went on to say:

“I said this to somebody last week, if you want to bring the National Children’s Hospital in on budget, on time and no messing about – put Denis O’Brien in charge of it cause he has those kinds of skills.”

“And I guess he has done things that, shall we say, are controversial but he seems to feel, I just don’t understand how somebody who is as rich as he is can’t let anything go. He must have terrible nightmares at night and must be constantly worried…”

Ms Finucane said:

“The thing about it is, if you were constantly being insulted and…”

She was interrupted by Mr Finlay who said he didn’t realise he was fat and bald until he discovered social media before saying his salary has previously been reported and he said one just has to read the dog’s abuse they get. He even suggested to Ms Finucane that she would understand this.

But she replied:

“I don’t read it.”

Mr Finlay went on to note that the Sunday Business Post , in yesterday’s paper, listed the 22 legal actions he’s taken against media outlets in the High Court.

He said, in the context of this list, his advice for Mr O’Brien would be to “get a life”.

Ms Finucane said:

“Well, he’s just not going to allow people to undermine his integrity…”

Later, barrister Irene Sands said:

“Mr O’Brien is entitled to bring suits, if he has the money to fund them, fair play to him, let him knock himself out but I do agree with Larry, I think it’s a very good day for the press in general and I do think they were vindicated…and I think the press took a very important stance and ultimately it came out in their favour.”

Just before the item wrapped up, Mr Finlay said that had the case against the Sunday Business Post not gone in the newspaper’s favour, “there would have been a real possibility, I suspect, of the Sunday Business Post going to the wall”.

Ms Finucane said:

“Right, well we don’t know that, we don’t know that.”

But Mr Finlay said if it had happened it could have had serious consequences for media ownership concentration in Ireland.

And Ms Finucane replied:

“Well, I mean that’s not what was on his mind. What was on his mind was his good name and he’s entitled to it.”

Ms Finucane added that Mr O’Brien is “noted for his generosity…particularly in Haiti”.

3 Likes

Jaysus you could almost forgive a newstalk presenter taking that line on their show… But her?

They’re all scared of their shite of being sued by him.

He is some crybaby .

10 minutes of the news there devoted to a new uniform in Aer Lingus and a driving school in Saudi Arabia.