That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Keepin the few wimmin that watch the Sunday game happy

1 Like

Look many womens games are decent quality. There were a few Cork vs Dublin ladies football finals in recent years that were very good. The 2018 edition was considerably better than the mens equivalent that year.

It’s just the duds in RTE who pick the games. Two weeks ago they decided to show the 04 Munster final just after TG4 showed it a few days previously.

1 Like

As women’s sports go ladies Gaelic football is probably the most watchable of them.

2 Likes

There few and far between to be honest.

Correct.Most of the games are very open 15v15.

Think it is the way it is played. Teams carry the ball and have relatively athletic players in the middle third and work it up and down the field with support play and hand passes rather than aimless kicking.

Camogie at times can resemble a poor under 14 game with aimless ball after aimless ball and headless soloing

1 Like

I honestly think Croke Park lends itself to poor camogie games. Cork have dominated in recent years but have ruined it with their sweeper stuff.

It would be a better spectacle on a smaller pitch.

Wimmins football reminds me of football in the 90s with 15 v 15 and teams just going for it.I actually don’t mind the football but the camogie can be poor enough.Plus there’s always the goalies to chuckle at.

1 Like

The TFK misandry crew will be out in force after this.

Did you see last year’s final?

Are you mad.I don’t watch wimmins gaa.

Yes when too teams meet it’s v enjoyable

Definitely

Bit of nostalgia here

3 Likes

What a show. Great childhood memories.

That theme tune. :heart_eyes:

The top flight matches in England being shown thirty minutes deferred every Saturday, they’d start a full game at 3.30 and you’d watch the match as if it were live, avoiding any updates elsewhere.

That and BBC Five Live for midweek matches that weren’t on tv.

I’m getting old.

It’s because of Sports Stadium that I started supporting West Ham, they were on what it seemed like every other weekend in 85/86 as they were the London club going well in the league.
Anyone remember they were due to show a Div 1 game and it was cancelled or tech difficulties and they showed Leicester v Palace from Div 2, 4-3 by half time (I think). Div 2 football was a thrill to see as an 11 yr old

Anyone looking forward to RTÉ comic relief?

It needs a thread of it’s own. It’s going to be off the charts I’d say

Why again are RTE taking an idea and doing some watered down paddy version of it? They’ll be doing a poppy day next.

What’s the money going towards