The 6 Nations 2024

It’s the day when all the professional services firms give their tickets to fellas who know fuck all about rugby and care even less. I’d say the drinking was off the charts there yesterday.

10 Likes

A vicious slur on poor @tallback and @Locke there

5 Likes

Says it all when @Locke is offered the tickets.

2 Likes

Each time the cameras panned to the Italian coaches box in the stand yesterday you could see a right session going on in the adjacent corporate suite; without so much as a sideways glance at the unfolding match from anyone in said corporate suite.

I got the tickets myself. It was the Italian or the Welsh game, and though I would have preferred the Welsh game, yesterday suited our calendar better.

Didn’t see any sign of lads in and out for pints to be honest. Easy enough to get a bottle of beer at half-time too

I got mine through the club and unfortunately had to pay for them. I’d much prefer an oul freebie

1 Like

Didn’t Thornley write an article a few years back about an aged relative/neighbour having to stand up about 20 times a half to let patrons in and out for their pints.

I was at the end of the row and I was up and down like a yo-yo. But I’m one that I think it’s okay that you have your drink with you at your seats and not under the stands. It’s a small price to pay. If the game is good then you won’t see lads going for pints. Yesterday was a shite match tbf.

2 Likes

Lovely tolerance from @Locke here after @Fagan_ODowd punched him in the face

1 Like

I’m a lover, not a fighter.

2 Likes

Ill be there for the wales game. Disappointed to have missed the dedicated drinking day but you cant have everything i suppose.

Rubby live attendance and boozing go hand in hand due to the breaks in play. I’ve been at the Aviva before for prestigious autumn test internationals and you could go for a piss/pint and be back before a scrum has even reset, essentially without missing a thing within that 3 minutes.

1 Like

I was at an England game in the Aviva a few years ago at the end of a row and I was up and down like a hoors knickers.

Had a lovely brunch in Isabelles with accompanying pints of Smithwicks, stopped off at Slattery’s for another couple with a few more pints at the game. Basically I was drinking from around 11:30 yesterday :beers:

2 Likes

He was well able to count for an aul fella.

1 Like

Hard to expect a raucous home atmosphere for a filleting of the Italians. The crowd are now used to an Ireland team that generally wins most of the time. Not like the late 80’s and 90’s when old Lansdowne Road would go bananas if Ireland somehow managed to string 3 passes together without knocking on.

4 Likes

I can remember a 5 nations season where we scored one try over the four games. I’m going to say it was 1988 as I think it was against Scotland at home in the last game of the competition.

It might be but the atmosphere in there is generally shite.

TNH