The 6 Nations 2024

They looked good on the paddock and Captains run went well

I’ll await Gervais Thornleys reportage before any further comment

2 Likes

In fairness to the chap, I’d say he’d struggle to make sense of the 2 times table.

5 Likes

England led South Africa for about 75 minutes in a World Cup semi-final five months ago. I feel satisfied with what I said in conversation in an opthalmology waiting room earlier as patients attempted to watch Italy closing in on victory against Scotland. I said that Ireland were in a very dangerous position as it was seemingly assumed by everybody with an interest that Ireland merely had to turn up to win, and that Irish sporting history has an unfortunate litany of sorry tales regarding those who were previously written up in the same way, from Eamonn Coghlan to Sonia O’Sullivan to our various incarnations of the Boys In Green.

We don’t do being favourites.

3 Likes

Serious question, why did Murray kick it into touch and give it back? It was surely the wrong option? Surely the old stick it up the jumper approach would have been less risky?

He’s probably two timed a few Irish models.

Refs are way more likely to penalise the time-wasting teams in that scenario. So to try kill the clock for 3 minutes is a big risk and you could knock-on or get driven back.

2 Likes

It was 90 seconds

3 Likes

They bottled it

2 Likes

The logic is still the same though. His exit was shite regardless and he should’ve been put out to stud a good while back. Himself and the back row were destroyed.

Nasty bit of antisemitism here from colly…

Lads ye genuinely haven’t a clue about rugby. The reason Murray kicked the ball away is due to the low level percentage of the opposition scoring after he finds touch. If he kicks it at an angle & spins into the crowd the ball can’t be given back which eats into the clock giving less time for England to score . I made that up there, I havent a clue why he kicked it out.

16 Likes

Passage!

1 Like

If the nr 1 team in the world can’t keep the ball for 90 seconds to close out a game then I just give up.

You should tbf. They’ll never beat the mental block to get to a world cup semi final.

Didn’t realise he was Jewish. Will take that to the “things I learned today” thread.

Born in Israel rather than of the Hebrew faith I think

Informative rating.

Are people really taking the 6N after the RWC seriously…FFS :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Apparently the rubbys think they are better off without the ball. It’s a tactic. It’s bizarre

Probably feared the ref blowing for a pen but Murray probably did kick it a bit too quickly. Could easily have gone another couple of phases and left very little on the clock.

1 Like