The 6 Nations 2024

There was nearly too much atmosphere in Twickers

1 Like

On a slight aside I was driving and had to listen to Michael Corcoran ar an raidio. My sweet Jesus he is insufferable and as for Fiona (Hayes I presume?) beside him on co Comms it was just cliche after cliche, zero insight.

7 Likes

I have a ticket for this seasons Champions Cup final on a lads trip to London. I’d be delighted if it was a Leinster v Munster final but it almost certainly won’t be. I’ll probably witness another late Leinster final capitulation.

1 Like

Don’t start on Fiona Hayes? Have you ever listened to her on off the ball?

Championship play off final the following day too

Fuck me, comparing an irish team that choked again only a few months ago in a quarter final to the great Carter, Mcaw all black team :see_no_evil:

Its because of cunts like heaslip and his ilk half the county is delighted when the rubby boys are inevitably handed their arse.

13 Likes

That is a fact.

1 Like

The failings of Ireland’s start up community was reflected in the rugby team’s failure today.

Ireland’s rugby journey isn’t just about sport. It’s a testament to a nation’s lack of mettle, and it casts shadows deep into our tech world’s relentless lack of innovation. 🏉 #IrelandFalls

2 Likes

Another bizarre comparison by the bould Jamie. I’d say @Mac s impression from the hotel in wexford is spot on.

3 Likes

Didn’t see or listen to game. What was the best rugby cliche ye heard today on commentary? “Front up”?

It may be a coincidence that a person born in Israel lacks self awareness to such an extent.

Possibly.

1 Like

Did the best team of us in the world piss the chips again?

season 7 GIF

2 Likes

It’s funny - all the way up to this weekend they were all saying this 6 Nations was vital, one choke and the goys are now telling us fhe 6 Nations after the World Cup doesn’t matter :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Couldn’t let this journalistic turn of phrase go unmarked.
Sniping up the guts is now a thing apparently.

2 Likes

Jesus, some belters from Liew

As was the usual hubris from all the usual places. Jamie Heaslip asserting that Ireland would need to go down to 13 players for England to win. Plenty of talk in the Irish media – at least before Scotland’s slip-up earlier in the afternoon – about wrapping up the championship with a four-try bonus point.

And on the bright side, they don’t have another World Cup quarter-final to play for at least another three years.

2 Likes

As i pointed pre the New Zealand game Ireland lack a real superstar who can do something from nothing and win a game. They nobody really electric. They are all just very good.

1 Like

No offence to Murray but he doesn’t appear a better option than Casey off the bench anymore.

How much of a contract extension did the IRFU give him?

As regards the game, England were the better team by far.
They butchered a few clear try scoring opportunities and generally worked harder than Ireland.

That fixture was never the certainty some idiots predicted it to be….

2 Likes

James Lowe with his best Shaggy Horgan in the corner impression yesterday at Twickenham. He’s been a scapegoat on here before because of his defensive liabilities. But I’d reckon he’ll be remembered fondly as a great Irish winger. A shrewd signing.

1 Like

I thought he was a kiwi?

2 Likes

Earls would have scored pretty much all of the tries that Lowe scores. He’s less of a gate, and he’s not half as annoying either.