The 6 Nations 2024

Again, I just think the English pack was absolutely excellent. Big hardy bastards well up for it.

1 Like

Itoje followed Pom everywhere and matched him in the lineout.

McCarthy and Beirne should have taken advantage of this but couldn’t. It’s easy blame Pom for everything.

Goys just have to accept that the Irish rubby team are chokers.

1 Like

Doris and van der flier repeatedly get rag dolled against the best sides. La Rochelle x 2 both went missing. Same v New Zealand.

Pom, jvdf and Doris is too small a back row and too slow.

Irelands starting back line Is Gibson park, Crowley, Hansen, aki, henshaw, Lowe and henshaw.

That’s a damning indictment of the academies in Ireland.

The blue eyed analysis will continue but people need to call a spade a spade. They glossed over the sexton call v New Zealand and they’ll gloss over everything else bar trying to blame a few lads like Murray.

https://twitter.com/loveofrugby_/status/1765636964110234010?s=46

This fella is a busted flush in my eyes. Richard Hibbard can barely keep a straight face.

Llorando Falso Fake Crying GIF - Llorando Falso Fake Crying Water - Discover & Share GIFs

It sure is when we’re forced to play Henshaw in two positions😂

Baird adds size and athleticism to that back row but sacrifices POMs leadership. It’s a change that will happen at some point id imagine.

I don’t think Murray was the losing of that game and criticism there is overdone. Kick at the end was a reasonable decision - our defence off the line out should have done better.

3 Likes

POM was so annonymous I wonder if he was injured. If not, it suggests that the very highest level has risen slightly above him.

So Doris and van Der flier also get ragdolled for Leinster but when it happens for Ireland then coach is the problem?

Also, what’s a blue eyes analysis?

Van de Flier was outstanding I thought. Doris was solid
They had their lineout absolutely on it. They disrupted ours and were rock solid in theirs. This is usually somewhere we excel. Big thing in the game that was.

The coach picks the team.

Blue eyed analysis is when Farrell makes a disastrous decision which costs Ireland like leaving a legless Johnny sexton on the pitch but everyone overlooks it because it’s a Leinster player.

Doris knock on v New Zealand was akin to missing an open goal. Nobody around him and a simple catch but he fumbles it. Nobody mentions it of course.

Leinster fell apart v La rochelle very similarly to Ireland v New Zealand as well.

I’d be very cold on Farrell. He clearly has something but I just don’t like a lot of the recent decisions. Taking the lions job is a nonsense as well.

He’d combative but he’s what six foot and sixteen stone. He wouldn’t get a look in with South Africa. You can’t expect to be beating the powerful teams with him and Pom starting. A lot of question marks over Doris now too.

Gerry has obviously asked Owen Doyle to be Violet Elizabeth this week.
An absolute masterclass in whining about the referee whilst trying to appear nonchalant.
:joy:

Owen Doyle: Two thundering matches have saved this year’s Six Nations, but not all of the calls were spot on

Rugby always had/has the trend of sticking with a certain team no matter how shite a player’s form is.

Well it’s been the down of England and France of not sticking with lads and having so many options.

The issue from what I’ve see with Ireland is the team and management are above criticism.

“Fell apart” vs La Rochelle x2 /NZ/Eng of course means the combined loss across those 4 games was 10 points.

That aside, seeing as you assert that Doris, VdF, POM are too small, too slow, too lacking in moral fibre to be picked, who is your preferred back row?

I must say that I’ve noticed in big games under intense pressure that the Mayo-born Doris goes into hiding. O’Mahony has been known to for years (think he famously made zero tackles over the 80 against Wales in 2019). VdF seems to have much more credit in the bank to avoid criticism over a similar dropoff.

All in all England’s pack steamrolled Ireland. Earl essentially bullied an entire backrow singlehandedly.

I think he wants to change the blue eyed analysis by dropping POM for Baird.

1 Like

Choking Andre The Giant GIF

2 Likes