The A league thread

we arent finishing the numerous chances that we are creating- we had all the play vs Adelaide and even Wellington the week before but a lack of creativity in the final 3rd is killing us

looked like a cracking game vs sydney for the Mariners

We are playing them next week- it will be my A league debut

Hopefully youā€™ll get to see Del Piero. Sydney are a truly embarrassing team, a complete rabble. In fairness to their supporters, they stayed to the end, singing and waving their flags, fair play to them.

Did you see Mark Bosnich on Fox Sports afterwards? He went mental about Sydney. I paraphrase Ƌvery one of the Sydney FC players and officials should walk over to those supporters, get on their knees and apologise. That was a disgrace". Fat prick of course didnā€™t mention the wonderful football we played to kill them.

Should be an easy enough victory for you.

dont have fox but was up the coast and saw the highlights last night - good banter in the studio but he laid into Sydney again- basically said look what happened one of the melbourne teams last season- got hammered and now half the players dont have a club

sydney beat perth the week before so must have something decent about them

also have to say im really getting into the A league

SBS do highlights tonight?

do they show live games

bogan peasant fuck

disgraceful result for my beloved blues at the weekend. definitely better players that I play 5 a side with than were in the sydney defence at the weekend. standard wise Id say above MLS marginally. not much though, some dreadful players in that Sydney side and the goalkeeping in the A league generally is a bit camogie esque.

fox sports mate- why would I pay for EPL & Cricket - Im not English

A league perhaps? Iā€™ll give you a hint, itā€™s in the thread title

im going to go to the games you mong

ill give you a hint- its what footba;ll fans do

:lol: irish football fans do a lot of going to go to games alright

You obviously havenā€™t seen Matt Ryan, the Mariners goalie. 20 years old, brilliant, heā€™s going to be big. Great bloke as well, turns up at Fitzy Jnrā€™s Mariners Academy all the time and takes the junior keepers for training.

Whats been missing in much of the commentary about the game is how well the Mariners played and that should not be forgotten.

TASE - seriously mate, whats happening with the Roar? 4-1 loss to Heart at the weekend? Bottom of the table.

My beloved Mariners now sit top of the table on goal difference after a crucial away win in Wellington. We have Melbourne Victory away this weekend before we play TASEā€™s boys at home the following weekend. So we should pick up points from both games.

After the 7-2 shellacking we handed Sydney last week, they seemed to have sorted things out when they went 2-0 up against Melbourne Failure with 12 minutes left on Saturday. Del Piero was subbed off and they promptly lost 3-2, which is rather funny. Their coach, ex Spurs player Ian Crook, resigned yesterday, 6 games into the season. So theyā€™re on the lookout for their 7th coach in 8 seasons. Delighted for KIB Man and his horrible team, fucking hate Sydney FC.

Mariners goalkeeper Matt Ryan and genius midfielder Tommy Rogic called into the Socceroos squad, about fucking time too.

yeah wtf. was in the pub watching it. sydney 2-0 up and cruising. del piero went off and they collapsed. kept chasing a 3rd goal which they should have got on a couple of counter attacks but left wide open at the back. sydney keeper is shite too. entertaining game the bit I watched

an A league barstooler :rolleyes:

Avram Grant now being linked with the Sydney FC job.

went to my first game on Friday and it was superb

good crowd- a lot more atmosphere than the other codes in Australia

class goals especially by Del Pierro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53oXtwJeX7E

great stadium

after match drinks in caxton street which was kicking

all in all thumbs up to the A league

Going to my first game next Friday night. Sydney against Adelaide. Decent tickets are pricey enough for the standard of football. Must see if I can nab some freebies

Becks on his way to Sydney?

Great result for the Mariners, a 2-2 draw away against Melbourne Failure on Saturday, despite our Dutch master Patrick Zwaanswijk being sent off (mate of mine is his neighbour, said Patrick was in a foul foul humour when he arrived home yesterday morning). So 4 points away over 2 games, we sit second now.

TASE - good win for your boys, it was only Sydney FC, but a wins a win. We play you on the beautiful central coast this saturday. Delighted you got along to it, its a good atmosphere at the A League alright.

KIB Man, shocked that you have yet to go to a game. Tickets are not pricey FFS. Adelaide will beat your team by 4-5 goals.

All sorts of rumours and counter rumours about Beckham. I canā€™t stahnd the cunt personally and think heā€™s one of the most overrated players Iā€™ve ever seen, but if he plays here and lifts the crowds thats fine by me. The Mariners need the money.

Speaking of which, looks like Hull City will be signing our much vaunted and quite remarkably brilliant 20 year old goalkeeper, Matt Ryan. Remember his name, he will be minding the posts for a top european team in years to come, hopefully Barca.

How many were there TASE? Looks a decent crowd.

Del Pierro is a class act, you can see the respect he has over there, the keeper even stepped out of his way for the last :clap: .

good atmosphere with the ultras section full and singing

it would be a lot more sanitized compared to a SRFC game though

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-20/beckham-to-play-last-game-with-galaxy/4381834