The A league thread

cant wait for this now

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague

ill be 100% behind the roar and look forward to welcoming KIB and fisty to lang park on the 20th of Jan

Er, sorry mate, I’ll be at Blue Tongue the day before watching the derby against our hated neighbours from Newcastle. Not sure why you think I’d want to bother watching Roar scoring 7 against KIB Mans bogan team.

Should be a deadly season. Roar without Ange? Will the loss of your leader tell? I can see Ange doing great things at Melbourne, especially as Harry Kewell has left, the tosser. Mariners are weakened by some players leaving, especially now that we’ve lost out talismanic captain, Alex Wilkinson, to South Korea and Mustafa Amini to Borussia Dortmund. But I’m confident that Arnie and the boys will out up a spirited challenge this year and make the finals.

Perth Glory and Wellington Phownix should go well. But I am tipping Adelaide to win the whole comp. Brilliant run in the Asian champiomns league, good squad with a very good manager. Roar without the coach who was like a 12th man on the pitch and Mariners losing too many players. Victory could be threat now though.

At the very least, we’ll have Del Piero to watch and the rest of the Sydney FC team to laugh at.

TASE - St Patricks Day 2013 - are you coming down here for it?

st patricks day is a bad day for it

you and kib will have to come up here

why hasnt kib contributed to this thread yet- is he a football man that doesnt like football and going to games- weird

No, you can come down here to gods own country. What could be better, sun, beer, St Patricks Day by the water watching the Mariners beating your lot. I’d even do a BBQ for you TASE. KIB Man is still trying to decide who to support. I think he should go with the Wanderers.

Much and all as I detest Sydney FC, I’m fooking delighted about the prospect of watching Allesandro Del Pierro playing in the A League this season. Totti, you should pay us a visit.

To Allesandro :clap: :clap:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-05/sydney-signs-del-piero/4245404?section=sport

Alex turned down the EPL for Sydney. Clearly the A League is a bigger draw and more prestigious tournament than the EPL.

yes cant wait to see del piero in the flesh

presume he will be in the ivy at the weekends

:clap:

Got my season ticket yesterday - $260 for a reserved seat for all home games (plus a sticker and a lanyard!), Fitzy Jnr has a free season ticket, we both get to bring a friend for free for 4 games each (so thats Mrs Fitzy sorted). Great value. Even get entry into club functions after the games, where we meet the players.

In other news, Emille Heskey on the verge of signing for our hated rivals, Newcastle.

Del Piero has arrived. The A League is where its at. :clap: :clap:

You are quite the romantic Fitzy. Sure with A league tickets in the bag you can probably get away without buying the missus a Xmas present

Newcastle NSW, a fitting place for Emile Heskey to end his career

She went to all the home games last year, but didn’t want to this year as she is in uni now and needs to study. She will be well looked after at Xmas time.

Can’t wait to see Patrick Zwaanswik make shit of Emeele.

dont waste your time with KIB fisty

he is the lowest of the low-a football fan that doesnt like going to games

Michael Ballack about to sign for the newly formed Western Sydney Wanderers! So they’ll have at least one player who knows the rules.

Who’s next? There was talk of Kanu signing for someone last year. TASE, Bomber - my Italian neighbour has heard something about Totti being interested in a move here, how fucking good would that be?

on 1 hand Id love to see him in Qld

on the other hand he is Rome

So first home game for the Mariners this Sunday against Lima Miller’s Perth Glory, next home game Nov 3rd against Alessandro Del Piero’s Sydney FC. Bomber - have you any greetings you can send me to welcome the great one to the sunny Central Coast? Can’t wait for that.

TASE, we’re playing Roar at home on Nov 25th - you coming down for it? Are you going to many games this season?

KIB Man, your silence is shocking.

have a mate here from Portmarnock who is a season ticket holder so plan to go to as many as I can. looked like decent crowds in the 1st round

the melbourne game looked deadly and we were unlucky against the thugs of Perth

Billy Mehmet scored-isnt he Irish?

Wheels ???

I must go and see Del Piero

Well he’s played U21’s for Ireland, but his ancestry is many and varied, born in England and is related to Rocko, he’d be getting on in years now I’d say.

Heskey was woeful at the weekend apparently :lol:

For fucks sake. We played Sydney FC at home on Saturday, I had been so excited all week about seeing Allesandro in the flesh, and then on Saturday morning he’s ruled out with a hamstring problem. He wasn’t even there to come out and acknowledge the crowd. So disappointing. I was pretty cut up I can tell you. :frowning:

Kind of felt like the game was going to be a massive let down after that and true enough, Sydney fucking scored straight away and here I’m thinking “this could be embarrassing, losing to Sydney who are shit, without Del Piero, the only player they have who isn’t shit”. :frowning:

And then we beat them 7-2. 4 goals in 12 glorious minutes in the second half. Highest amount of goals we’ve ever scored in a game. First ever hat trick from a Mariner player (35 year old Daniel McBreen, he just keeps on doing it). Socceroos coach Holger UnpronounciableGermanName was there to run his eye over our 19 wunderkid Thomas Rogic, who duly scored two and set up three and played. :slight_smile:

Scottish born, former Celtic and current New Zealand international Michael McGlinchy scored a brillaint goal and for me was just pipped by Rogic as man of the match. McGlinchy was my player of the year last year and he’s even better this year. :slight_smile:

We look settled, we look so dangerous when we pass the ball. Some of our defending needs looking at, the first Sydney goal was a shocker. We’re second on the table. We’re still the poorest club in the A League. But we’re playing better this year so far than I’ve ever seen us play. Very happy so far. :clap: :clap: :pint: :pint:

One thing however, and possibly the most important point. Our stadium in Gosford was formerly sponsored by and named after Blue Tongue lager, a noble local beer, which you got for $5.50 a schooner during the game. But that deal’s now gone and I have to subject myself to paying $6 for a VB or Carlton Draught. Both of which are completely shit beers. I’m very very pissed off about this.

TASE, things are falling apart at Brisbane, whats going on mate?