The advanced gardening thread

Lovely job. The insecure lads will be on telling you it’s not straight or you missed a bit and the likes.

I got sick of the trimming so I ripped out a whole hedge last year. Some difference. More light, more space, better drainage and the growth of the grass on both sides of where it was is significantly improved.

1 Like

Jesus that’s a sneaky way of having a cut off him.

1 Like

Pulled about 2 wheelbarrows of creeping buttercup off the lawn yesterday. Cunt of stuff.

What about the bees?

There’s a wildflower garden with plenty for them and a 5 acre meadow covered in buttercups outside the fence so loads for them to munch on

1 Like

It’s fucking everywhere. Cunts of yokes to pull

1 Like

It’s straight enough for me.

1 Like

Had my last sowing day of the spring season there today. Pumpkin, marrow, kale, purple broccoli and dwarf beans gone down. We’ll see what comes up :arrow_up::pray:. Pulled the horseradish while I was at it. Cleaned and peeled a small bit of the root and grated a tiny piece of it. Fuck me it’s hot. I’ll clean and grate the rest of it tomorrow and make a jar of sauce for the fridge.

3 Likes

My annual bedding plants just aren’t getting going at all this year.
Must be the cold nights.

Same here. Basket and tub plants also very slow.

I was having a look at them yesterday and all the growing points are scorched from the cold nights and stiff breezes. Hopefully they will recover as the garden is looking a bit bear at the moment and that means the weeds will move in.

Bare.

:+1: