The Alt Right and their "free speech" campaign and "racism" against white people

So much for judging people by the content of their character.

1 Like

:joy: :joy::joy:

What next - they’ll be put in re-training camps if they dont comply? - Isnt that what China does?

Hon Kilbeacanty

2 Likes

Is that where the Galway hurler that died was from? Donnoghue…

Donoghue. Yes

Why is she saying “white mon” like a Jamaican?

What’s the context here? Who is he saying should be allowed speak? There’s no such thing as free speech as thought/ideas/speech have limits - if they incite hatred/violence then I dont think they should be allowed freely spread them - they can hold private meetings or use a platform that allows them to speak, but openly inciting hate should never be condoned— you then enter the realm of what’s hateful and who decides that, but again, I think we can all agree and know when something is inciting pure hate and violence - those ideas dont deserve a platform.

3 Likes

I don’t think holding up that sign really amounts to incitement to hatred. But the mob does. You are trying to impute meaning into his very simple message by suggesting he’s advocating for someone in particular, but I don’t know the full context and am happy to be corrected. So who decides what’s acceptable ?

Karen, Breda and Nuala.

That sign doesnt, but someone else breezed through there whipping up a frenzy — while your man isnt defending whoever it was - if that other party was putting forward hateful ideas, then he should know better than to say they deserve to be discussed — but without knowing what was what we’re pissing into the wind.

Where did you see that?

Also and I know it’s a hard question, but who decides what’s acceptable?

Sign can sometimes be misinterpreted.

3 Likes

Did someone not say at the start ‘why are you defending him/them’? - it’s the impression I got from it anyway

Maybe but that’s not very clear

Bruce aint racist though.

The “whiteness” training in Seattle is a perfect example of the lack of balance in US media that former poster labane has highlighted for years, and was accused of racism for doing so. If you search for this newsworthy item, you will only find it covered on Fox and other conservative sources like the New York post or Washington Examiner. CNN, MSNBC, and other liberal leaning news sources simple do not regard this as news.

Think about it, a retraining program for government employees based solely on race, basically treating all white employees as if they were neo Nazis. It is as fascist as you can get, and a good pointer to where things are heading if the progressive left continue to gain influence in the Democratic party.

2 Likes

Is it not a case that they got some sort of racial sensitivity training and Fox are just having a meltdown over nothing? As per their standard MO

I didn’t see @flattythehurdler running to Sky when he underwent training to recognise his biases lately

Take it to the racism thread, not sure what a post about racism is doing in a free speech thread.

So I’m not allowed contribute to the free speech thread? That about sums it up alright.

9 Likes