The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Vasily Artemyev

2 Likes

moscow well within the catchment area for blakcrock :roll_eyes:

Russia will be a hard test. Only lost by 13 points to Jersey today. They are no mugs.
Sport is growing there

7 Likes

Were they a bit leggy?

1 Like

It is bloody lucrative

Jerry Kiernan getting tore into the farce that is rubby.

:joy:

12 Likes

Jerry is indeed a big Italian fan. I saw him ayting a pizza in Cafe Topoli on Parliament st with a few male friends last night.

1 Like

I love Jerry. Shoots from the hip.

Jerry is like ewan, everything he says about rugby is spot on.

What the fuck is it with middle aged women and rugby? 3, that’s three, of them were talking to me about rugby during work last week, The first one asked “was i looking forward to the World Cup?” I thought theres no World Cup on then realised what she was talking about and said something about timezones and it being too early. Then on Friday another one turned said “Did you see Russia are 7 nil up against Japan. That could be a shock.” I was like “oh right” but in my head i was going “Fuck off.” Finally another came back after work and said “Did you see any of the game there?” Again in my head i was going get to fuck.

If they wanted to talk about the Antrim SHC replay tomorrow between Cushendall and St Johns or Cuala vs Crokes in the Dublin SHC qf, no bother but Japan vs Russia or the hopes of Ireland in the RWC, get to fuck. I do not care. Women of Ireland catch the fuck on!

6 Likes

I think I’ve found your problem here.

decent post till the last paragraph

I don’t see that as a problem.

You would rather talk about the Well v Doon & Na Piarsaigh v Kilmallock ? Understandable . But the above games will be good too .

3 Likes

There will me more excitement in Dunloy or Parnell Pk tomorrow than the rest of the the Rugby World Cup.

I have no idea what you are on about

Well why did you reply in the first place?

2 Likes

From The Indo.

Hopefully it comes out that he claimed barbers expenses off the company too.

FORMER Irish rugby international Shane Byrne wrongfully claimed some €1,006 expenses from his waste disposal firm when he was on a trip to Kilimanjaro, it is alleged.

It is also alleged that he used the company debit card for “lavish” personal expenses, including €1,060 to a restaurant in Kilkenny on September 21 last and €117.60 to a pub next door to that restaurant.

Today a High Court judge granted interim injunctions against Shane Byrne, and his brother William, arising from serious concerns about their conduct of the affairs of a waste disposal company of which they are directors and shareholders.

Cash jobs invoiced for emptying septic tanks, which should have been charged at €250, were allegedly only charged at one cent on the AWD Waste Solutions company invoices, leaving cash unaccounted for to the company.

It is also claimed both brothers are using AWD fuel cards for private driving by themselves and their wives and that both brothers unlawfully credited their golf club membership to the company.

The claims were made by Oxigen Environmental Unlimited Company, a 51 per cent shareholder in AWD, in its application for injunctions against the brothers.

Shane Byrne is a joint managing director of AWD, which employs 24 people and has registered offices at Harmony Row, Dublin 2, while William Byre is a director. AWD is involved in the waste disposal, septic tank, drain cleaning and skip business.

The orders, made ex parte (one side only represented), restrain the respondents removing AWD company files or papers from its operations office at Glanbia House, Inch, Co Wexford, and from disposing of, or attempting to dispose of any records of any work done within the past four years.

Ronnie Hudson, for Oxigen, told Ms Justice Leonie Reynolds it was “impossible at this stage” to even put an estimate on the amount of missing monies but there could be some €150,000 unaccounted for missing books of the company and perhaps a sum between €15,000 and €115,000 concerning missing bin tags.

This was all against the background of Shane Byrne climbing Kiliminjaro and holidaying to Bermuda, he said.

Ms Justice Reynolds said, having regard to the “very serious” issues raised in the affidavits, it seemed appropriate in all the circumstances to grant the injunctions sought pending further order. She returned the matter to next Tuesday.

In court documents, Oxigen said the respondents had asked Oxigen around 2012 to get involved in their businesses, which were operated under the entities Arklow waste Disposal Ltd, Arklow Pipe and Drain Ltd and Arklow Waste Management Ltd, because they were in financial difficulty.

3 Likes

Ah ffs sake. Nothing to see here. High (altitude) jinks.

Ex rugby internationals make very unscrupulous businessmen.

cc @ChairmanDan

The scummy soccer crowd will have a field day on this.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 Likes