The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Conroy has absolutely eye popping speed. Scored a try there against the French where it didn’t look like there was much of a gap but Conroy went through it like he was shot out of a cannon. Electric.

Yeah he is ridiculously quick. Even by the standards of sevens he is very quick he is a try scoring machine on the circuit

Can’t remember seeing an Irish athlete in any sport that quick that wasn’t a sprinter.

Andy Reid?

1 Like

Sean Kelly & Stephen Roche

1 Like

They did some defending before conceding the first try. Was great stuff. Well deserved. Great seeing some of those lads get to the Olympics considering we were playing san Marino and Albania 5 years ago.

1 Like

There is another lad in the squad quicker than him. Aaron Sexton, he is in the Ulster squad. He was competing at a v high level as a junior athelte up til 18 months ago think he has gone sub 10.5s for the 100m

Some speed over the first 5 yards at the buffet

Has he a few senior appearances for Ulster while still in school? Vaguely recall him

Yep. Hasn’t really kicked on but still a young lad

I was talking to a woman today who was telling me she can’t get to Tokyo to watch her son compete at the Olympics, no parents allowed over. Considering life has been dedicated to this, and you generally only get one chance of it, tis a real sickener.

3 Likes

He was 4th in European under 20 200m

1 Like

Yeah its hard for the families. I’ve a friend who had planned to go over a hes sister was confirmed before the cancelled games last year. Its the unfortunate part of the mad world we live in atm. Its a pity. Just to know someone is enough of an honour for most folk let alone have a relation competing. At least the athletes get the shot

Another good article here on players coming through the system outside of the private schools in Dublin.

The usual suspects won’t like that. Good article

Mate, people couldnt go to bury their dead these past 18 months. They’ll be fucking grand.

Catholic Ireland has an awful obsession with the dead, sometimes it’s more important to be with the living. A lad who dedicates his life to the Internet may not fully appreciate matters.

13 Likes

I hope your dead dont come back and haunt you.

Credit where its due Leinster have been on the ball over the last decade. Getting gems outside Dublin. The rise of dublin gaa may have had an effect outside of the capital

1 Like

999, there’s been a murder

4 Likes