The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

And player

More piped in music in downtime during games like cricket , or get them hammered drunk as early as possible

Where to start with that article? Since when did ‘Patron’ start getting used to describe rugby supporters, are the IRFU trying to mimic the Masters terminology? And as for the promise/threat of more interaction by the stadium MC during games🙄 And I love the statement that a different class of fans attend the rugby than Croker as these are mainly ‘rural and driving’ unlike the urban sophisticates who rock up to the Aviva.

5 Likes

I often wonder about the mindset of individuals at GAA games who queue up for 15 minutes at half time for an overpriced, shit pint of Guinness/Rockshore out of a plastic glass and end up missing the first 5 or 10 minutes of the second half.

Neurosurgeons should be doing case studies to find out what’s going on in their brains at all.

4 Likes

They’re generally people just there for the craic and the game is secondary. This is even worse in rugby where the majority of people are just there for the craic

7 Likes

Cunts tut tutting them might actually be worse

Can’t think of anything worse than the likes of Rihanna or Ed Sheeran blaring out over the tannoy during a break in play or some MC screeching ‘TRY FOR IRELAND - NUMBER 12 GARRY RINGROOOOOOOOSE! IRELAND 49 ITALY 3!’

How are you supposed to watch rugby sober?

7 Likes

Ah I’m sure you can think of plenty of things in this life worse than that, you’re not trying hard enough.

It’s possible but it sure as shit ain’t fun. I think if you’re playing you’re meant to be sober.

1 Like

The only thing I will say in their defence is that listening to Paul Collins on the tannoy at half time wouldn’t be great at making people think rationally.

4 Likes

The worst way to experience professional rubby is to go to the Aviva. Shush central!

It never ceases to amaze me how the Irish rugby football team manage to peak exactly 12 months before they should be peaking. And then shit the togs when the real tournament comes around.

Every four years the same thing happens. It’s uncanny. They’ll beat SA this weekend and then they’ll be media darlings over Christmas and talked up as possible WC winners.

It’s all very predictable.

8 Likes

New Zealand and Australia discussing joining forces to take on the LOINS.

Games gone.

France or NZ will knock them out in the QF next year sure

2 Likes

I accidentally ended up in the Guinness queue at the 2011 double header of Leinster semi-finals between Wexford and Carlow and Dublin v Kildare. I was still underage at the time and thought I was queuing for chips. Got an absolute lesson from two Dubs about the craic that was had surrounding the 4 game saga with Meath in 1991 as they reminisced on old times. Was nearly at the front of the queue when I realised the error of my ways. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the knowledgable pair of Dubs was actually @Cheasty.

1 Like

France will surely win it.

1 Like

They usually find a way to self-combust. They should have won it on home soil in 2007 too and messed up a semi-final against a poor enough English team.

1 Like

Twould be the best thing for the sport bar a Pacific Island team holding on to their players and doing it. They’re playing beautiful stuff.