The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Yesh they are cup tied to the school and cant play club after first year unless released. Its a joke of a system

2 Likes

English Cunt George having a cut where it hurts off our POM.

Sure didn’t Celtic win a European Cup with 11 fellas born within a hundred yards of the same chip shop in the East End of Glasgow

3 Likes

Maybe two years out.

Schmidt to take over at wallabies.

Maybe that’s the problem Ireland have.
How many games will Ireland play in two years. Ten or twelve? That’s about two months for an EPL team.

Playing Senior Cup is the pinnacle for most and they don’t play at all after that. Mad stuff.

It’s isn’t EPL. But anyway they should probably have eight games a year I’d say plus world cup warm up games. I just think it’s bananas to be going on about the world cup four years out and just a few months after yet another flop.

But they live off it for years. tragic stuff all round tbh

Nothing wrong with living off an underage sporting achievement, in truth its the pinnacle of sport and anything after it will always be an anticlimax.

Everything has it’s place. What you did on a sporting field as a teen shouldn’t be at the forefront of who you are later in life.

I think you’ll find you’re very very wrong there.

Very wrong.

Drico has to live with the shame of Senior Cup winners shoving their medal in his face

2 Likes

I won’t take the tap in here! If making a senior cup team is the pinnacle for these lads, that is a small bit sad.

I do hope you’re joking

No no. Not making it. Winning it of course on the other hand is. The glory that comes from that success as a young 17 year old is never to be matched in any aspect of life thereafter.

Statements like that truly give legs to the ‘hes got make-believe family/kids’ theory

You simply dont get it fella. The sort of currency an All Ireland win at the age of 17 brings, its unimaginable. But those who know, know.

What about if you were a county minor?

You’re on the right road there now alright. Being a county minor is of course, off the charts, and while it is lesser in some of the also ran counties, if you were to say, go on and win an All Ireland Minor, well, lets just say, thats money in the bank.