The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Hes right. They’ll be certs for world cup 2023.

“As the global game explodes and all this money comes in from CVC [a private equity firm investing in rugby] why don’t we buy a team in England? Why don’t we buy London Irish? Why don’t we buy a team in America?” Gilroy questioned.

"Why not? As another province. It seems wild, ‘Oh, we have got no money we couldn’t afford to do it,’ but they could actually if they put together the right package and sought some outside investment.

“They could sell an Irish rugby bond to people basically who want to invest in Irish rugby and have a team in the Premiership, have a team in America, why not?”

This is one time I’d be in favour of burning the bondholders

7 Likes

Oh My God

I do hope Sir Dave Brailsford’s autobiography leads with the quote:

“Believe in better” - Sky

Ahem, anthem, singular.

It’s not that long ago they were getting rid of connacht ffs

This whole swizz of selling off a share in the Pro14 and the premiership is a pure cod. The league has no assets or no debt. So you are taking an upfront cash lump sum in exchange for giving away 15% of all future tv rights

Who is this “we”?

What will the private equity crowd offer in return? Apart from money?

Amateur rugby man @anon61878697 won’t like that

Anyone going to see Ewan MacKenna vs Eddie O’Sullivan in the Mansion House tonight?

Be interesting to see how Ewan gets on without having his TFK mobile app open.

10 Likes

A right cuntfest in store tonight

1 Like

Social media legends that won’t be able to block the other person ‘calling out’ their ‘facts’. The preview ad by Parky was especially cringeworthy but maybe McGarry was able to generate plenty of phantom clicks to show how popular it was.

3 Likes

The private equity company own share in English premiership so id imagine medium term plan is to work towards amalgamation of the leagues and have British and Irish comp. That would be a much bigger money spinner for the existing Pro14 teams than the current format

English clubs have limited cash so it would be attractive to them

The App is still working?

Josh van der flier seems a thoroughly nice man.

The Ashington Rugby Football club Christmas party got a bit weird judging by the various WhatsApps going around :flushed:

1 Like

You can’t just leave it at that mate