The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

How exactly did that pop up on your facebook? You need to delete these mongsā€¦

The problem is, they wonā€™t.

fucking mugs, I got one for nothing, I spent around 3 quid the whole day on a latte

4 Likes

Harbo will pull out his periscope and make it all better.

1 Like

Some updates:

• Argentina got hammered. Again.
  • Viewing figures have fallen through the floor.
  • The first match of the tournament to have a fall in figures during the game was Ireland v Argentina. #bandwagonabandoned
  • 488k watched the rugby world cup semi-finals, a full 43% less than the last soccer equivalent.
  • Tweets about rugby were 50/50 between male and female populations during Irish participation in the tournament. That split is now 65/35, the same as it was pre-tournament.
  • By contrast, TFK has recorded a healthy 5% growth in posts since Ireland exited the tournament. Huzzah.
10 Likes

So our brave heroes finished 8th in a 9 team tournament?

1 Like

So you donā€™t like women, eh?

Can we set up a misogyny thread?

You sure can. You know how to do it, I think.

1 Like

Huh?

That was all over the place. Iā€™ve fixed it now for everyone.

Itā€™s like ā€œThe Openā€, all other sporting world cups need to be prefixed with their respective sport except for soccer.

To be fair, the whole post is rubbish but you canā€™t be bringing your A game all the time.

3 Likes

Lovely stuff Rocko

Where do you even start with something like this?

http://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/world-cup/irish-news/twotime-super-bowl-winner-identifies-three-irish-rugby-stars-who-could-potentially-succeed-in-nfl-34154887.html

2 Likes

Iā€™d start by saying that Declan Whooley is a high quality writer who the Indo managed to poach from joe.ie where he wrote terrific articles about lads on holidays painting camper vans green and other such important works of investigative journalism.

He was even better back in 2011 though:

3 Likes

You donā€™t. You read the headline, remember that it is click bait on the indo and then you donā€™t click and move onto something else instead.

I dislike the Munster Rugby phenomenon as much as anyone but the bitterness on this thread is something else from a lot of lads who should know better.

I would find it reasonable to have a dig at a sport which one dislikes but to constantly read up stats and articles on a sport which they profess to hate borders on nuts for me.

Is this the most insecure thread on the internet, what do lads on here think they are achieving other then getting one up on a sport that about 4 posters on here actually claim to like.

Have the Kearney Brothers and Paul Oā€™Connell faces in the Independent online damaged your lives that much, who really gives a fuck?

As much as itā€™s demonised on here at times, I smell a whiff of bandwagon off a lot of the posts on this thread which is humorously ironic.

2 Likes

There are only places for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th. No play offs for 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th like you see at some of the underage rugby tournaments.

There were 20 teams at the finals of the World Cup, 92 in total when you factor in the qualifying stages.

Good lad

All that matters is that the lads took part and enjoyed themselves.

4 Likes