Some people are short of a job. Fucking hell

:open_mouth:

Is it true?

1 Like

Short of something alright

I have no idea nor could I care less.

Don’t embarrass yourself now child

1 Like

Big Davy Tweed’s conviction was quashed today.

The Irish rugby team are bringing out a documentary about their recent tour of South Africa. Apparently nobody gave them a chance. They lost the 3 match series 2-1 to the worst South African team ever.

6 Likes

The radio this evening they were gushing about Joe Smith’s record as Ireland manager, including Ireland’s first win in the southern hemisphere (against Argentina), their first away win against south Africa (a friendly and they lost the series ), and his incredible 67% win rate.

Big Davy won his four Ireland caps in 1995 against France, Wales, Italy and Japan. Anthony Foley in his debut season for Ireland in 1995 played in all four of those tests as well. They’ve had contrasting weeks.

The Court of Appeal in Belfast in quashing Davy Tweed’s conviction yesterday didn’t cite its reasoning and reserved judgement to an unspecified future date. Unclear as to whether Davy is to stand trial again. As things currently stand, I suppose Davy enjoys the presumption of innocence. @Sidney with a comment like this could now be at the mercy of the defamation lawyers, someone like Belfast based solicitor and defamation lawyer to the stars, Paul Tweed.

Not so, mate - it was a statement of fact at the time based on the decision of the courts.

Otherwise you could have the likes of Jessica Ennis-Hill being prosecuted for calling Ched Evans a rapist.

2 Likes

Just looking at your original post there, it appears that your comment was posted while the trial was ongoing and before the jury delivered its verdict. Davy would have enjoyed the presumption of innocence at that stage.

Jessica Ennis-Hill comments were made after the jury brought in a guilty verdict in the first trial and before that conviction was quashed. I would agree with your analysis in her case.

You might be safest to say mea culpa to Davy just in case he’s lurking or indeed posting on the forum.

Yes Sid, be careful of where Davy might be lurking. Very careful.

This is very worrying. I hope Davy doesn’t pull my pants down over this.

2 Likes

Myself and @myboyblue are just barstool lawyers looking out for you. Maybe you should get some proper legal advice from a real lawyer like @artfoley as to whether you have exposed yourself here to Davy.

Sexton needs a better agent

Meant for @anon32894817 not @TreatyStones apols

I believe it was made by Vodafone as a promotional tool with them taking over the sponsorship (biggest sponsorship deal in Irish sport btw, the FAI are managing 1.9m a year from Three versus 5m a year from Vodafone for the IRFU). Millennials love documentaries and millennials love clickbait, you’ve just proven it’s worked for them. :+1:t2:

www.independent.ie/sport/leftfield/watch-paul-oconnell-adds-to-his-legendary-status-with-incredible-answer-on-a-question-of-sport-35167692.html

Ah here.