The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

I’ll be lucky to see 4/5 this year, mate. The brother is bringing my nephew (6) down to Cork for his first away day this year - unreal.

1 Like

I’d say the money they could afford to pay wouldnt buy a jacket for a gooseberry ffs :joy:

Thanks mate…but that NEVER happened

@Bandage , lots of talk about “the match” amoungst my corporate breathern here today… we are playing “the scots” apparantly, a few sheepish looking “scots” wandering around in rugby jersies, brimming with defiant pride no doubt

on a semi serious note tho, i know very little about the standard of the scotland rugby team but i did think sean o rourke calling the “ireland” and england fixture on paddy’s weekend to be a grand slam decider to be a bit idiotic to be fair…
are all the rest of the teams in this really poor and is the excepted consensus that these 2 teams will win each game easily?

And right on cue from the RTE archives…

Are these cunts also wearing kilts and stupid red wigs?

In fairness back in 1973, none of those girls even knew they were lesbians. But they were frightfully well spoken.

3 Likes

Jesus the backing track :joy:

NO NO
its rugby, the accepted corporate game, rugby shirts tucked into Hilfiger jeans whilst trading office jargon with contemporaries is the order of the occasion

Brown laced shoes?

I find it most irritating on click bait social media sites that an increasing amount of gimps in the comments sections of rugby football articles are adopting the acronym “COYBIG.”

It should only be used - in an Irish international sport context anyway - by the association football team.

Really looking forward to the Wales game. COYBIG

Both international soccer teams ???

1 Like

:grinning:

Says who? You? Ffs…there really really is little bothering you

1 Like

Looking forward to the match tomorrow COYBIG

Don’t forget the Gonzaga win today versus the Knock. COYBIG .

2 Likes

Did the captain’s run pass off smoothly today?

1 Like

It did no further injury concerns COYBIG

Watching the Six One sports news there. Clare McNamara reporting live from Murrayfield informed viewers that the women’s match is already underway and it’s live on RTÉ 2. :laughing:

Thanks for the heads up pal. Will tide me over until I do the two screens for munster and the u 20 internationals COYBIG