The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

I agree, two bigger donkeys you would be hard to find

1 Like

Mullockers essentially.

It does. Pushing womenā€™s rugby is designed to win females to the sport both playing and watching.

Deciding to vacate Western Australia in favour of Melbourne is ludicrous though.

I would say it makes alot of economic sense though

Whatā€™s all this getting lucky and a few lucky bounces bullshit about?
You are very disingenuous about an elite sportsman who has played soccer and gaa at a higher level than you.
Name the people from Tipp that you know that played soccer with Shane Long. Iā€™m willing to take that information via pm.
It should be noted that his father died suddenly when he was just 16 which mightā€™ve delayed his decision to commit to soccer, his mother and younger siblings upped sticks and went to England with him.

5 Likes

Doyle had trials with various Leinster and Irish teams at U16 level and potentially U14 level too. This would have been around 98/99 or so.

Shane Long was an outstanding badminton player in his youth as well. Won a few all Ireland medals in it

That was down to a lucky bounce of the shuttlecock.

4 Likes
  1. He is not elite
  2. Thats unfortunate about his dad. But thats life. Many lads made it with no father ever. I do not get the relevance really.
    3.what my ability has to do with it nothing.
  3. I admire the lad, alot in fact. What he achieved surpasses alot of more celebrated players. It would clearly take an educated view of the science involved because most people do not seem to understand that.
  4. He got unbelievably lucky. He got taken when they were looking at another guy. He also got lucky previous to that with City if my memory serves me correctly. There is always luck in making it. Always. Its nothing to be ashamed of, its about taking your slice. He did.

You seem to be taking these facts and opinions very personally just because a lad grew up down the road from you.

1 Like
  1. He is elite you clown
  2. Agreed, but it probably delayed the choice he made.
  3. Agreed.
  4. huh?
  5. Pat Dolan going to watch him play was lucky?
    Being spotted while playing well in a match in the case of Steve Coppell liking what he saw, is that not a standard career progression for a lot of footballers?

Iā€™m not taking anything personal, you on the other hand are making up anecdotal evidence to prove your point when you are in fact wrong (again).

1 Like

& Cashel Town FC too if Iā€™m not mistaken.

Cashel town FC :rofl:

Shower of unwashed lepers.

My memory is City came across him by actually playing Michaels. Not that Dolan went to see him.

He is not elite. Not by any stretch. Being pro is not elite. He is an incredibly average goal scorer.

Messi is elite. People like that with a unique set of skills suitable to the sport they play.

Iā€™d consider representing your country in association football and playing in the top flight in England over a decent period of time while earning maybe ā‚¬60k or ā‚¬70k a week to be elite.

3 Likes

Toddle along now, youā€™ve been mugged off comphrensively. Itā€™s embarrassing viewing at this stage.

Of course he is elite . There would be tens of millions wanting to play in the epl and he is on of the few hundred that does

He is a donkey though

3 Likes

Shane Long is the greatest sportsman Tipperary has ever produced.

1 Like

Agreed

2 Likes

Quinlan and leamy easily ahead of him.