The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

:ronnyroar:

2 Likes

that doesnā€™t make sense mate.

Looked like Roid Rage to me

1 Like

Ten years is a ridiculous ban for a young fella.
A hanging panel of white, middle class, professionally offended snowflakes who administrate having failed at the game. Likely closet homosexual tendencies also.
Wankers.

2 Likes

he wonā€™t do it again, if it was the gga, heā€™d get a ban that would be overturned within a week

If he was from a good family, or Dublin.

I was thinking similar. 5 years maybe. And he has to sing the opposing teams song with his underpants on his head in front of the whole club while only drinking with his left hand.

One year for that, and a biscuit forfeit.

Little harsh maybe but he cant have many complaints. I know a white man from south county dublin who got either 10 years or life for pushing a ref in an AIL game back in early 00s

Editā€¦the lad appears to have had all references to it removed from googleā€¦cant find it anyway. He was playing for DLSP was discussed here in past

Itā€™s harsh alright but they have to make the punishment so extreme that 99.99% of players wouldnā€™t even dream of doing it. Because of the nature of the sport and, letā€™s be honest, roid rage certainly at some levels, you canā€™t have lads that size punching normal sized people.

he should be jailed for a king hit

edit, he will be going to jail

ā€œ. Meafua was arrested and is facing a common assault charge, due to face court on October 4.ā€

One year would be enough of a ban.

If he punched him Iā€™d agree, and criminal charges should be brought, but he just shoved him, albeit hard. @farmerinthecity got worse on the dart this morning, and seems to have thoroughly enjoyed it.

The coach of Meafuaā€™s team Jon Runchel said the Ā­incident was ā€œnot in the game plan!!ā€ in a social media post.

ā€œBut Mark Meafua is one of my boys and I will stick by him even though he made a mistake that he regrets big time,ā€ Mr Runchel wrote.

The ban cruels what was a promising rugby career for Meafua. The 18-year-old had played in Hunter representative sides and was in line for a 2017 best-and-fairest medal.

deary me

Sweep sweep

3 Likes

abusing a ref is a very serious offence, the gga lads are seething that punishment is taken serioulsy in rugby, as opposed tot he mickey mouse way things are handled in the gga

2 Likes

A fella becomes a cult hero in the GAA for abusing and phyically assaulting refs

1 Like

what a strange game rugby is. Youā€™ve 6ā€™5 behemoths going around trying to maim each other and next thing they turn into shrinking violets when confronted with a whistle blowing half-pint.

Would you prefer if they beat the shit out of him if he gives a penalty against them, mike?

Absolutely, thereā€™d be no referees left and rugby would be no more.

1 Like